BT/ADSL plugs

Old March 13th 08, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tigger

Default BT/ADSL plugs

In the process of tidying up my phone sockets and have fitted an XTE-2005.No
problem there. Now is there such an adapter that goes into the standard BT
phone socketbut has 2 RJ11's sockets for output. I don't want any extension
cables and the like just an adapter if possible.I've searched the web but
unable to find anything.Regards

Old March 13th 08, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:15:06 -0000, "Tigger"
wrote:

In the process of tidying up my phone sockets and have fitted an XTE-2005.No
problem there. Now is there such an adapter that goes into the standard BT
phone socketbut has 2 RJ11's sockets for output. I don't want any extension
cables and the like just an adapter if possible.I've searched the web but
unable to find anything.Regards

Like this even though it also has a BT socket in it as well
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=13m3
Old March 13th 08, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

Tigger wrote:

In the process of tidying up my phone sockets and have fitted an
XTE-2005.No problem there. Now is there such an adapter that goes
into the standard BT phone socketbut has 2 RJ11's sockets for output.
I don't want any extension cables and the like just an adapter if
possible.I've searched the web but unable to find anything.Regards

What do you want to use the RJ11 sockets for? Do do realise, of course, that
for ADSL to work you can only have one BB device (modem or router) in use at
any one time?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old March 13th 08, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tigger

wrote:

In the process of tidying up my phone sockets and have fitted an
XTE-2005.No
problem there. Now is there such an adapter that goes into the standard BT
phone socketbut has 2 RJ11's sockets for output. I don't want any
extension
cables and the like just an adapter if possible.I've searched the web but
unable to find anything.Regards

Like this even though it also has a BT socket in it as well
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=13m3

Thats about it except I think I have 2 RJ11 plugs. Will have to check.

PS Roger, appreciate that but it's not for modems/routers.

Old March 13th 08, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:21:05 -0000, "Tigger"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

In the process of tidying up my phone sockets and have fitted an
XTE-2005.No
problem there. Now is there such an adapter that goes into the standard BT
phone socketbut has 2 RJ11's sockets for output. I don't want any
extension
cables and the like just an adapter if possible.I've searched the web but
unable to find anything.Regards

Like this even though it also has a BT socket in it as well
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=13m3

Thats about it except I think I have 2 RJ11 plugs. Will have to check.

Oh right .I see. I thought both the sockets were the same but I'm sure
there is one made somewhere same as u want it

Old March 13th 08, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:21:05 -0000, "Tigger"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

In the process of tidying up my phone sockets and have fitted an
XTE-2005.No
problem there. Now is there such an adapter that goes into the standard BT
phone socketbut has 2 RJ11's sockets for output. I don't want any
extension
cables and the like just an adapter if possible.I've searched the web but
unable to find anything.Regards

Like this even though it also has a BT socket in it as well
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=13m3

Thats about it except I think I have 2 RJ11 plugs. Will have to check.

PS Roger, appreciate that but it's not for modems/routers.

Is this one ?
http://www.run-it-direct.co.uk/BTtoR...leadaptor.html
Old March 13th 08, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tigger

wrote in message
news
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:21:05 -0000, "Tigger"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

In the process of tidying up my phone sockets and have fitted an
XTE-2005.No
problem there. Now is there such an adapter that goes into the standard
BT
phone socketbut has 2 RJ11's sockets for output. I don't want any
extension
cables and the like just an adapter if possible.I've searched the web
but
unable to find anything.Regards

Like this even though it also has a BT socket in it as well
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=13m3

Thats about it except I think I have 2 RJ11 plugs. Will have to check.

PS Roger, appreciate that but it's not for modems/routers.

Is this one ?
http://www.run-it-direct.co.uk/BTtoR...leadaptor.html

Spot on. Many thanks for your help.
Regards

Old March 13th 08, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Tigger formulated the question :

Like this even though it also has a BT socket in it as well
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=13m3

Thats about it except I think I have 2 RJ11 plugs. Will have to check.

PS Roger, appreciate that but it's not for modems/routers.

An rj-11 will fit in an rj-45 socket.

What's the intended application?

Old March 13th 08, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tigger

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Tigger formulated the question :

Like this even though it also has a BT socket in it as well
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=13m3

Thats about it except I think I have 2 RJ11 plugs. Will have to check.

PS Roger, appreciate that but it's not for modems/routers.

An rj-11 will fit in an rj-45 socket.

What's the intended application?

Jono

It's for 2 phones (dont ask why). At the moment I have 2 adapters plugged
into each other and then into the BT wall socket. The RJ11's come off each
adapter. I want to plug them both into one adapter and then into the BT
socket. Are you sure about that the 11 will fit in the 45 socket?
Regards

Old March 13th 08, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Tigger wrote :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Tigger formulated the question :

Like this even though it also has a BT socket in it as well
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=13m3

Thats about it except I think I have 2 RJ11 plugs. Will have to check.

PS Roger, appreciate that but it's not for modems/routers.

An rj-11 will fit in an rj-45 socket.

What's the intended application?

Jono

It's for 2 phones (dont ask why). At the moment I have 2 adapters plugged
into each other and then into the BT wall socket. The RJ11's come off each
adapter.

OK....

I want to plug them both into one adapter and then into the BT
socket.

Each to his own, I suppose.

Are you sure about that the 11 will fit in the 45 socket?

100%

They are designed explicitly to do so. I use BT to rj-11 cords all the
time to patch BT lines on to network cabling. (centre two pins line up
perfectly with the blues on the rj-45)