Virgin Net back to slowdown before midnight...again..

Old March 13th 08, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Virgin Net back to slowdown before midnight...again..

Hi Folks,

My Virgin Net ( VM?) connection is back to it's old ways of running
really slow up until midnight.

Have then started serious throttling again ?

It's been OK for months now, but this week it's been really dreadful.

about 200kbps if I'm lucky.

Just after midnight barkes appear to come off and away we go.

There is just no way that I can have triggered being on a traffic
management plan as I haven;t been doing anything.

Ho hum..

Jim.
Old March 20th 08, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 16 Mar, 21:49, "Steve Terry" wrote:
"Bob Geddes" wrote in message

In article
s.com, writes
Hi Folks,
My Virgin Net ( VM?) connection is back to it's old ways of running
really slow up until midnight.
Have then started serious throttling again ?
It's been OK for months now, but this week it's been really dreadful.
about 200kbps if I'm lucky.
Just after midnight barkes appear to come off and away we go.
There is just no way that I can have triggered being on a traffic
management plan as I haven;t been doing anything.
Ho hum..
Jim.

My connection in SW London is 10Mbps for the entire evening everyday for
the first time for many months used to go down to 500K.
Hope they don't fix your and mess up mine ;-)
Bob Geddes

He probably means Virgin.net ADSL which I had the misfortune to have
about a year ago, throttled to death at peak times.
Virgin ADSL never again.

Steve Terry- Hide quoted text -

Mind you they have posted a 'broadband running slowly' notice on the
status page !

They're about a week late...but hey..

Jim.