VOIP newbie:question

Old March 13th 08, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Flyer

Default VOIP newbie:question

Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might add,
and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate. With credit
on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with the Draytel I have
outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio whatsoever.
I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to make
sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!

anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has thrown
up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.

P.

Old March 13th 08, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

"Flyer" wrote in message
Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might
add, and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate.
With credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with
the Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio
whatsoever.
I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to
make sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!

anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has
thrown up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.

P.

Are you running it through a router? It may be that the necessary ports
are not being forwarded.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old March 13th 08, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Flyer

"Woody" wrote in message
"Flyer" wrote in message
Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might
add, and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate. With
credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with the
Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio
whatsoever.
I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to make
sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!

anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has
thrown up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.

P.

Are you running it through a router? It may be that the necessary ports
are not being forwarded.

All the correct ports are forwarded, the Sipgate connection works ok, the
Draytel one doesn't ;-)
Both lines are setup identically, apart from registration info, so the lack
of speech on the Draytel line is bugging me.

P.

Old March 13th 08, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Flyer" wrote in message
Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might add,
and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate. With
credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with the
Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio
whatsoever.
I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to make
sense of dial plans is giving me serious headaches!

anyone point me in the right directionf or both queries, google has thrown
up much, it seems Draytel with a PAP2isn't a common scenario.

P.

The PAP2 is effectivly two ATA's in one box so you won't be able to
access both acounts through one port.
You should be able to point one half of the PAP2 to a Voxalot
account and put multiple providers into voxalot. Free for outgoing
calls, but you do need to buy "registrations" for your incoming "lines"

Mysipswitch is a similar service, and is completely free, but I haven't
been able to get it to work satisfactorily myself.

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old March 13th 08, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Flyer wrote :
All the correct ports are forwarded,

And which are they?

If it isn't /always/, it's almost always, incorrect forwarding that
causes one-way or no-way audio issues.

Old March 14th 08, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Flyer

"Graham." wrote in message

"Flyer" wrote in message
[...]

Guess it's a trip to Tesco's for another cheapo DECT fone ;-)

P.

Old March 14th 08, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Flyer

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
After serious thinking Flyer wrote :
All the correct ports are forwarded,

And which are they?

If it isn't /always/, it's almost always, incorrect forwarding that causes
one-way or no-way audio issues.

currently, 53,69,5060-5070 & 1000 - 20000, all UDP

P.

Old March 14th 08, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"Flyer" wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message

"Flyer" wrote in message
[...]

Are you using STUN? I found out with voip.co.uk and Sipgate, I had to
disbale STUN and use the outobound proxy instead on Sipgate in order to
elimnate these type or problems with the voip.co.uk account. You may want to
try this.

Old March 14th 08, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Flyer

"Roger" wrote in message

"Flyer" wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message

"Flyer" wrote in message
[...]

I dud have Stun set to "on", and I knew Draytel don't use Stun (but Sipgate
do), so I turned it off, but alas it didn't make any difference, but thanks
for the suggestion. Guess it's more fiddle with the settings time ;-) It's
odd that I can call out on the Draytel line, but incoming calls get a voice
message saying the number is unavailable. And there'sno speech on a
connected outbound call..it's bugging me now ;-)
I may just drop the Draytel, and stick with the Sipgate and put it down to
experience.

P.

Old March 14th 08, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Flyer

"Flyer" wrote in message

"Roger" wrote in message

"Flyer" wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message

"Flyer" wrote in message
[...]

Gotcha ! or, if you prefer, Eureka! sussed it. After ploughing through
various forums & faq's, found the suggestion to set Subst VIA Addr to
yes,and put my WAN IP in the Ext IP box, and voila, my Draytel connection
now works perfectly ;-)

one happy bunny..

P.