Leaving Vodafone

Old March 16th 08, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

Default Leaving Vodafone

Ok.....

So I'm at the end of my contract with Vodafone and I want to
go to be, whilst I was with Vodafone my line rental for the
telephone was with them as well, never use the phone anyway
it's just a case of having it because of adsl, but who's the
cheapest, don't really want to go back to dealing with morons
in India and BT.
Old March 18th 08, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Neil

"xCx" wrote in message
Ok.....

So I'm at the end of my contract with Vodafone and I want to go to be,
whilst I was with Vodafone my line rental for the telephone was with them
as well, never use the phone anyway it's just a case of having it because
of adsl, but who's the cheapest, don't really want to go back to dealing
with morons in India and BT.

Don't bother with Tiscali as their a shower of sh*t! Just re-provisioned my
line back to BT today as their unbundled phone service is complete crap!

Why was Vodafone at Home so bad?? I'm a Vodafone mobile customer and would
have liked to move to their 'at home' broadband and phone package but
couldn't as when you've had your home phone unbundled, the only way back is
via BT (and for a 12 Month contract too).

Old March 18th 08, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

Neil wrote:
"xCx" wrote in message

Don't bother with Tiscali as their a shower of sh*t! Just re-provisioned my
line back to BT today as their unbundled phone service is complete crap!

Why was Vodafone at Home so bad?? I'm a Vodafone mobile customer and would
have liked to move to their 'at home' broadband and phone package but
couldn't as when you've had your home phone unbundled, the only way back is
via BT (and for a 12 Month contract too).

Terrible customer service, it's in the UK but it's all dealt
with in Ireland, they're very difficult to understand, every
single one I dealt with sounded as though they were slurring
their words. The service is constantly going off and whenever
I call them they tell me it's a DNS server problem, so they
know these servers are dodgy but they just keep patching them up.

One month it went on and off constantly, my compensation for
all the phone calls? 6.25, I told them then I'd be off as
soon as the contract was up.

I really don't want to go back to BT for 12 months, is this
the only way?
Old March 19th 08, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Neil

Terrible customer service, it's in the UK but it's all dealt with in
Ireland, they're very difficult to understand, every single one I dealt
with sounded as though they were slurring their words. The service is
constantly going off and whenever I call them they tell me it's a DNS
server problem, so they know these servers are dodgy but they just keep
patching them up.

One month it went on and off constantly, my compensation for all the phone
calls? 6.25, I told them then I'd be off as soon as the contract was up.

I really don't want to go back to BT for 12 months, is this the only way?

Looks like I probably did well to steer clear of that then. Interestingly
the guy I spoke to was Irish so I guess like you say that is where the call
centre and support are all based. I suppose on a plus side it's better than
talking to an Indian call centre!!

Yep, your only route from an unbundled provider is via BT. If Vodafone still
have your line with BT directly then your broadband won't be unbundled as
part of the deal and you should easily be able to migrate (ask for a MAC
code), however generally if your paying line rental to anyone other than BT
you'll have to move your line back to them.

The process, as explained to me by BT's reprovisioning team goes as follows:

Tell your present 'unbundled line' provider your leaving (i.e. Vodafone)
Call BT to move/order service back to them (they'll give you a date for
this, normally within 10-14 days)
Once your back with BT, you can order broadband from another supplier two
working days after the line has been reprovisioned by BT.

I'm looking at moving my broadband to Plusnet and they tell me that as their
ordering/provisioning system is linked to that of BT's, the line has to be
on BT's system as installed and 'in service' before any other ISP can order
broadband to be provisioned on to it. This is going to mean a minimum of 9
days without broadband at home, looks like I'll be giving my analogue
dial-up modem a bit of use once more!!

Old March 20th 08, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

I'm looking at moving my broadband to Plusnet and they tell me that as their
ordering/provisioning system is linked to that of BT's, the line has to be
on BT's system as installed and 'in service' before any other ISP can order
broadband to be provisioned on to it. This is going to mean a minimum of 9
days without broadband at home, looks like I'll be giving my analogue
dial-up modem a bit of use once more!!

Called on Monday to request my MAC, not heard anything despite
their being notes on my account to say they'll call me back, I
believe they have to process this within 3 days now under the
new regulations?

It's not even easy to leave them
Old March 20th 08, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

xCx wrote:

I'm looking at moving my broadband to Plusnet and they tell me that as
their ordering/provisioning system is linked to that of BT's, the line
has to be on BT's system as installed and 'in service' before any
other ISP can order broadband to be provisioned on to it. This is
going to mean a minimum of 9 days without broadband at home, looks
like I'll be giving my analogue dial-up modem a bit of use once more!!

Called on Monday to request my MAC, not heard anything despite their
being notes on my account to say they'll call me back, I believe they
have to process this within 3 days now under the new regulations?

It's not even easy to leave them

I can't believe I used their instead instead of there.

*hangs head in shame*
Old March 20th 08, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

xCx wrote:
xCx wrote:

I'm looking at moving my broadband to Plusnet and they tell me that
as their ordering/provisioning system is linked to that of BT's, the
line has to be on BT's system as installed and 'in service' before
any other ISP can order broadband to be provisioned on to it. This is
going to mean a minimum of 9 days without broadband at home, looks
like I'll be giving my analogue dial-up modem a bit of use once more!!

Called on Monday to request my MAC, not heard anything despite their
being notes on my account to say they'll call me back, I believe they
have to process this within 3 days now under the new regulations?

It's not even easy to leave them

I can't believe I used their instead instead of there.

*hangs head in shame*

Oh my, and instead twice!

Not doing too well at this am I? KILL ME NOW ALMIGHTY GRAMMAR
GOD!