Why has Virgin Media ADSL gotten so poor again this last week ?

Old March 16th 08, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Why has Virgin Media ADSL gotten so poor again this last week ?

Why has Virgin Media ADSL gotten so poor again this last week ?

It's been OK for months now, just as fast evenings and mornigns and
very late (post midnight)

I'd been consistently getting around 6mbps on an ADSL Max.

Now all of a sudden last week it's gone back to being crap again.

Only getting around 100kbps/300kbps ( yes, sub 1mbps) up until
midnight, then it shoots right up again to about 6mbps..how odd, very
disappointing..morning still fine at around 6mbps

I've had to resurrect my old routine of doing my remote working in
early morinings and very late at night.

Are they undertaking any engineering work ?

Perhaps they've been tinkering around with their traffic management
again ?

Or have had a huge increase in traffic recently.

I for one do my bit in dissuading people I know from installing
iPlayer and 4OD ;-)

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon ?

Remeber this is ADSL over two copper wires...don't want any of you
cable jockeys wading in saying that your 20mbps connection are running
OK.

Though that said, if this were a traffic or bandwidth issue at VM HQ
wouldn't we all be susceptable to this regardless as to whether we
were on ADSL or cable ?

Jim.