Buying a new house - best way to get exchange location

Old March 16th 08, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Buying a new house - best way to get exchange location

I'm currently house hunting in a highly populated urban area and one
of my criteria is going to have to be the distance from the local
telephone exchange... Does anyone know if there is an online
directory anywhere that lists local exchange addresses? - the last
thing I need is to be stuck on a 2mbps adsl link due to locality.
Old March 16th 08, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

the last
thing I need is to be stuck on a 2mbps adsl link due to locality.

Distance is one factor, but certainly no guarantee of speed.

Old March 17th 08, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

PeterT wrote:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

Or click on 'mapping engine', find the right place, click on your street,
enter the house number/name and it'll tell you the distance from the
exchange and a link to the exchange information.

Theo