LINKSYS VOIP

Old March 18th 08, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PA

Default LINKSYS VOIP

Hi I have a linksys wrp200 and I cannot get it to work with voipbuster
(or any similar product) I have followed the instruction in freespeech
(http://support.freespeech.co.uk/index.php?
_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=77) and change
configuration but it just does not register....

PLEASE any help, getting very frustrated!!

Thanks in advance.

PA
Old March 18th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

PA schreef:
Hi I have a linksys wrp200 and I cannot get it to work with voipbuster
(or any similar product) I have followed the instruction in freespeech
(http://support.freespeech.co.uk/index.php?
_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=77) and change
configuration but it just does not register....

PLEASE any help, getting very frustrated!!

Thanks in advance.

PA

Most of the time...... NAT is the blame ! at the end of the help page
you see them mentioning somithing about that, also since this device has
no own modem, you should also check the NAT related settings in your own
modem / router, if you doo can setup the connection with your voip
provider with a softphone, this proves, it's a NAT problem, also some
ports should be open in your firewall for the Voip serviceses...

otherwise... reset the settings, and start all over again, this is the
situation expected, of any user guide...

--

The Fug.

( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )
Old March 20th 08, 01:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hongtian

On 18 Mar, 17:58, PA wrote:
Hi I have a linksys wrp200 and I cannot get it to work with voipbuster
(or any similar product) I have followed the instruction in freespeech
(http://support.freespeech.co.uk/index.php?
_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=77) and change
configuration but it just does not register....

PLEASE any help, getting very frustrated!!

Thanks in advance.

PA

It is possible that some configurations are wrong, such as auth ID,
passward, even the proxy address, etc.

In another way, please configure STUN in this client. You can contact
voipbuster to get their STUN server address.

If possible, please capture SIP messages and post them here. Then, we
can analysis what happened.
Old March 26th 08, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PA

Hi again, thanks for all the help!

Still not working, but getting there.

This router is connected to another router (netgear FVS318) and this
sems to be the problem, because when I connect the WRP200 direclty to
the internet (via PPOE and a modem in bridge mode) it worked!

I have open ports 3830, 5600 (seems to be the one used by voipbuster)
and 3478 (stun server) I have also redirected to the WRP200.

Another issue is that (God knows why) my netgear does not pick DNS
servers and I have to introduce it manually, I tried in the wrp200 to
do both ways (automatic and manual) and none worked.

Thanks again

PA
Old March 26th 08, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Flyer

"PA" wrote in message
Hi again, thanks for all the help!

Still not working, but getting there.

This router is connected to another router (netgear FVS318) and this
sems to be the problem, because when I connect the WRP200 direclty to
the internet (via PPOE and a modem in bridge mode) it worked!

I have open ports 3830, 5600 (seems to be the one used by voipbuster)
and 3478 (stun server) I have also redirected to the WRP200.

Another issue is that (God knows why) my netgear does not pick DNS
servers and I have to introduce it manually, I tried in the wrp200 to
do both ways (automatic and manual) and none worked.

my FVS318 has been as solid as a rock for 4-5 years, only changed it
because NTL are upgrading me from 4 to 10mb later this year, and the 318
only had a 10Mb WAN interface.
Never used it with VOIP though.

I currently have ports 5060-5070, 53, 69 & 10000-20000 (all UDP) forwarded
through to the PAP2, Sipgate & Draytel both work fine, so far ;-)

P.

Old March 27th 08, 08:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PA

can you please have a look to the pictures with config?

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_1.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_2.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_3.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_4.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_5.jpg

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...=netgear_1.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...=netgear_2.jpg

Address:
main router netgear FVS318: 192.168.0.1
voip router linksys wrp200: 192.168.0.5

Thanks a million!

Old March 27th 08, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

PA explained on 27/03/2008 :
can you please have a look to the pictures with config?

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_1.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_2.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_3.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_4.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=wrp200_5.jpg

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...=netgear_1.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...=netgear_2.jpg

Address:
main router netgear FVS318: 192.168.0.1
voip router linksys wrp200: 192.168.0.5

Thanks a million!

Is there any reason the DNS server addresses are 0.0.0.0?

Old March 28th 08, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PA

I tried putting the gateway address, the open dns ip addresses and
replace the sip server address by its ip address. nothing worked.

Thanks anyway,.

PA