OT. Free wi-fi locations web site?

Old March 19th 08, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default OT. Free wi-fi locations web site?

Going away so have googled for the free wi-fi location search web sites,
tried 3 of the results. To see how good I put my own post code in as I
know of a couple near me. Most surprised when all these web sites told me
non near me, I live in a city.
I can see McDonalds from here and this I know has free wi-fi.
Anyone know an accurate web site for wi-fi info.?

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old March 19th 08, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:01:17 GMT, "David"
wrote:

Going away so have googled for the free wi-fi location search web sites,
tried 3 of the results. To see how good I put my own post code in as I
know of a couple near me. Most surprised when all these web sites told me
non near me, I live in a city.
I can see McDonalds from here and this I know has free wi-fi.
Anyone know an accurate web site for wi-fi info.?

Any here that you havent tried ?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...cations+&meta=
Old March 19th 08, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

Going away so have googled for the free wi-fi location search web sites,
tried 3 of the results. To see how good I put my own post code in as I
know of a couple near me. Most surprised when all these web sites told me
non near me, I live in a city.
I can see McDonalds from here and this I know has free wi-fi.
Anyone know an accurate web site for wi-fi info.?

oops...should be this
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB
Old March 19th 08, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I can see McDonalds from here and this I know has free wi-fi.

Isn't their login something like...

COMETDEMO
BLUE123

?!?

Old March 21st 08, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I can see McDonalds from here and this I know has free wi-fi.
Isn't their login something like...
COMETDEMO
BLUE123

Login? What login?

I think there was some sort of deal with DSG / McDonalds a while ago,
and there was a logon required. Might not be applicable now :-}
Old March 21st 08, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:07:52 +0000, Colin Wilson wrote:

I think there was some sort of deal with DSG / McDonalds a while ago,
and there was a logon required. Might not be applicable now :-}

I've noticed leaflets with a username and password on in one of the
Wetherspoons I frequent.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
09:51:57 up 25 days, 17:44, 2 users, load average: 0.22, 0.79, 1.10