Adsl Professional Quality ADSL Microfilter XF-1e

Old March 20th 08, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Default Adsl Professional Quality ADSL Microfilter XF-1e

Technical support, at my ISP, mentioned some customers had bought one of
these filters and it had increased their speeds by 250k and even cases by
500k. Anyone had experience of this filter from ADSL Nation?

Ken

Old March 20th 08, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam

"Ken" Reply to NG only writes:
Technical support, at my ISP, mentioned some customers had bought one of
these filters and it had increased their speeds by 250k and even cases by
500k. Anyone had experience of this filter from ADSL Nation?

This is the only filter I use for my own and my family's connections. I
use mine on a Be 24Mb connection, and my sister & auntie/uncle use them
on regular BT ADSL1 and Sky LLU respectively.

I & they also also only use their Pro+ RJ11 cables. Don't bother with
Belkin cables - they have the middle pair of wires each on different
twists, which negates the benefits of twisted pairs.

Their faceplates also have a good reputation.

Note that you don't actually need a filter for the modem/router itself -
the ADSL port on filters is a straight-through connection to the phone
line. A filter is only needed for a telephone/sky box/56k modem/etc.
Old March 20th 08, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message
Technical support, at my ISP, mentioned some customers had bought one of
these filters and it had increased their speeds by 250k and even cases by
500k. Anyone had experience of this filter from ADSL Nation?

Yes. Excellent signal separation - I used one of these for a long time.
Since changed to one of their faceplates (to tidy up the cabling
arrangements).

Old March 20th 08, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Ken wrote:
Technical support, at my ISP, mentioned some customers had bought one
of these filters and it had increased their speeds by 250k and even
cases by 500k. Anyone had experience of this filter from ADSL Nation?

Can't say that they will increase the speed at all but they are the very top
quality.

Peter Crosland

Old March 20th 08, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:32:10 -0000, "Roger Cain"
wrote:

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message
.. .
Technical support, at my ISP, mentioned some customers had bought one of
these filters and it had increased their speeds by 250k and even cases by
500k. Anyone had experience of this filter from ADSL Nation?

Yes. Excellent signal separation - I used one of these for a long time.
Since changed to one of their faceplates (to tidy up the cabling
arrangements).

I just bought a faceplate and a couple of sockets but I baulked at
replacing my existing phone cable with

http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/ca...roducts_id=127

at 79p a metre .

Has anyone used this and does it give much advantage .....is a similar
product available anywhere else ?

Stuart
Old March 20th 08, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joskin

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message
Technical support, at my ISP, mentioned some customers had bought one of
these filters and it had increased their speeds by 250k and even cases by
500k. Anyone had experience of this filter from ADSL Nation?

Ken

I've used their stuff since I first went broadband. It's been faultless,
but I've never had anything else to compare it with, so don't know about
speed.

Joskin

Old March 21st 08, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 05:22:24 -0700 (PDT), bornfree wrote:

On 20 Mar, 15:33, Sam wrote:
"Ken" Reply to NG only writes:

Technical support, at my ISP, mentioned some customers had bought one of
these filters and it had increased their speeds by 250k and even cases by
500k. Anyone had experience of this filter from ADSL Nation?

This is the only filter I use for my own and my family's connections. I
use mine on a Be 24Mb connection, and my sister & auntie/uncle use them
on regular BT ADSL1 and Sky LLU respectively.

I & they also also only use their Pro+ RJ11 cables. Don't bother with
Belkin cables - they have the middle pair of wires each on different
twists, which negates the benefits of twisted pairs.

Their faceplates also have a good reputation.

What's a faceplate?

A device to increase the speed of eating - no cutlery needed!
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.