DNS settings on Fritz!Box

Old March 22nd 08, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default DNS settings on Fritz!Box

Is there anywhere in the Fritz!Box Fon (original, non-wireless version)
where I can specify DNS servers..? Can't see it anywhere.

Ivor

Old March 23rd 08, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:49:38 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Is there anywhere in the Fritz!Box Fon (original, non-wireless version)
where I can specify DNS servers..? Can't see it anywhere.

Ivor

I might be stating the obvious here, but just in case you weren't
aware.The PDF manuals have quite a lot of pages but they can be
searched, in the Adobe Acrobat reader, via a click on the binoculars.
I checked out the WLAN 7140 PDF manual and entered DNS in the search
box. There were about 12 occurrences of 'DNS'. You might have some
luck with that for your model.
However,the manuals aren't absolutely comprehensive. There are a few
things I'd like to know that aren't included.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old March 24th 08, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Advanced users may notice a lack of some more complex functions, even
when the Expert Mode is enabled. For example, thereís no way to override
your ISPís default DNS via the Fritz!Boxís Web interface.

Suspect you might have to telnet in to the box, and have a play that
way...?

--
mattpark
mattpark's Profile: http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/member.php?userid=3

External post from http://www.ukvoiptalk.com

Old March 24th 08, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"mattpark" wrote in message

Advanced users may notice a lack of some more complex functions, even
when the Expert Mode is enabled. For example, there's no way to override
your ISP's default DNS via the Fritz!Box's Web interface.

Suspect you might have to telnet in to the box, and have a play that
way...?

--
mattpark

On the 7050 you can change DNS servers, but only if you have a static WAN
address I believe.

Internet Account Information Connection settings

My (dynamic) IP only changes when I change DSL modem, but I have not tried
configuring it as a static address. I guess it would not work once the DHCP
lease expires.