Help with SPA3102, gateways, and dial plans, pls

Old March 25th 08, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

Default Help with SPA3102, gateways, and dial plans, pls

Hi All,

I've been able to configure my SPA 3102 in a way that if I press #2
(to select gateway 2, for instance) and dial the number, the call goes
through; however, if I dial the number directly I get an error message
saying the "number is not available.

My dial plan is as below

(*xx|xx.|[2-9]x.:@gw2|00x.:@gw2|1x.:@gw0|#1:xx.:@gw1| #2:xx.:@gw2|#3:xx.:@gw3|#0:xx.:@gw0)

with [2-9]x.:@gw2 I'm trying to make all calls starting with
either 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, go through gateway 2. It's not
working

with 00x.:@gw2 I'm tring to make all calls starting with 00 go
through gateway 2. I havent' tested yet

with 1x.:@gw0 I'm trying to make all calls starting with 1, go
through PSTN. It's not working either.

The instructions after these should be obvious, and they are working.

Sugestions, please?

Thank you,
Jose
Old March 25th 08, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jose wrote :
[...]

Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
provider.....at a guess

Old March 25th 08, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:04:59 GMT, Jono
wrote:

My dial plan is as below

(*xx|xx.|[2-9]x.:@gw2|00x.:@gw2|1x.:@gw0|#1:xx.:@gw1| #2:xx.:@gw2|#3:xx.:@gw3|#0:xx.:@gw0)

Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
provider.....at a guess

Oh Lord, I though it was just saying that any dialed number should be
at least 3 digits long...

It's all working now. Thanks a lot!!

Best,
Jose

Old March 25th 08, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

wrote:

Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
provider.....at a guess

PS - Is Gateway 1 provider/account, or does it have to be, the same as
in Line 1??

Best,
Jose

Old March 25th 08, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jose explained on 25/03/2008 :
wrote:

Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
provider.....at a guess

PS - Is Gateway 1 provider/account, or does it have to be, the same as
in Line 1??

Best,
Jose

Line 1 is distinctly different from gw1

Any string like xx. will send the call via your Line 1 provider, any
with @gw1 will send calls via gateway 1, etc.

Not all providers allow calls without registration....I'm not sure if
you can actually "register" the gw accounts.

BRIAAAN A? WHERE ARE YOU?

Old March 25th 08, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jose formulated the question :
wrote:

My dial plan is as below

(*xx|xx.|[2-9]x.:@gw2|00x.:@gw2|1x.:@gw0|#1:xx.:@gw1| #2:xx.:@gw2|#3:xx.:@gw3|#0:xx.:@gw0)

Try taking out the "xx." (the second entry) which is matching any
number you dial and trying to send the call via your Line 1 voip
provider.....at a guess

Oh Lord, I though it was just saying that any dialed number should be
at least 3 digits long...

No, the . after the xx really says any number of any length.

It's all working now. Thanks a lot!!

:-) Glad you got there!

We've all been stumped by a dialplan at some time or another. Don't
believe anyone who claims otherwise.

Old March 25th 08, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:50:25 GMT, Jono
wrote:

:-) Glad you got there!

We've all been stumped by a dialplan at some time or another. Don't
believe anyone who claims otherwise.

OK, I'm not so embarassed then ;-P

Is there any kind of priorities in a Linksys dial plan? For instance
if I had:

A) ([2-4]x.:@gw1 | xx.) instead of

B) (xx. | [2-4]x.:@gw1)

would the numbers starting with 2, 3 and 4 go through gw1 (with dial
plan A)?

Best,
Jose
Old March 25th 08, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

wrote:

:-) Glad you got there!

We've all been stumped by a dialplan at some time or another. Don't
believe anyone who claims otherwise.

OK, I'm not so embarassed then ;-P

Is there any kind of priorities in a Linksys dial plan? For instance
if I had:

A) ([2-4]x.:@gw1 | xx.) instead of

B) (xx. | [2-4]x.:@gw1)

would the numbers starting with 2, 3 and 4 go through gw1 (with dial
plan A)?

yes.....but there's still a lot of ambiguity - [2-4]x. or xx. would
match numbers like 2xxxxx. Are your numbers that begin 2-4 of a
specific length? If, for example they're 6 digit, use [2-4]xxxxxS0

What numbers are you trying to cater for?