Using VoipCheap Access number in Spain

Old March 26th 08, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Hammond

Default Using VoipCheap Access number in Spain

Using VoipCheap Access number in Spain

I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in Spain
and they had a huge bill from Telefonica (landline provider). Anyone know
how much Telefonica charge for phoning 911328008 it only costs 1p / minute
from the UK using 181815?

P.S. How do I post to two newsgroups at once.

Stephen

--

Lift share day 9th June www.liftshare.org
Open Office free alternative to MS office http://go-oo.org/

Old March 26th 08, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi Stephen,

I suggest that your uncle uses Manifone's Direct Numbers instead. They
are for sure regular Barcelona numbers, which shouldn't cost a fortune
to call using Telefonica.

-Thomas
Old March 26th 08, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:37:01 -0000, "Stephen Hammond"
wrote:

I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in Spain
and they had a huge bill from Telefonica (landline provider). Anyone know
how much Telefonica charge for phoning 911328008 it only costs 1p / minute

Can't your uncle phone Telefonica and ask them? Can't you e-mail
Telefonica and ask them?

If you find out the price is too high to make the calls that way, your
uncle could give you a ring, hung up after a few rings, and you'd
call him over VoipCheap

P.S. How do I post to two newsgroups at once.

In Forte Agent, the software I'm using for newsgroups, in the message
window, Newsgroups field, after the first newsgroup name, you enter
the ";" sign, and writte down the name of the additional newsgroup
you wish to post to.

Good luck,
Jose

Old March 26th 08, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in Spain
and they had a huge bill from Telefonica (landline provider). Anyone know
how much Telefonica charge for phoning 911328008 it only costs 1p / minute

Can't your uncle phone Telefonica and ask them? Can't you e-mail
Telefonica and ask them?

If you find out the price is too high to make the calls that way, your
uncle could give you a ring, hung up after a few rings, and you'd
call him over VoipCheap

I use a similar system for calls from Australia.

Alternatively.....
Do you use voipcheap directly or via Voxalot for example?
Unfortunately the Betamax companies block Sipbroker calls but if you
had voipcheap registered on voxalot, or the free MySipSwitch, it would
be possible to use any of the standard Sipbroker PSTN access lines.
The one for Barcelona is +34-93-396-80-00
Once connected just dial your voxalot or mysipswitch number preeded by
the appropriate code. For voxalot it is *010 and for MySipSwitch iit
is *8527. Your current number would still work as well as the
alternative access number for MySipSwitch or Voxalot. With Voxalot you
would be afforded lots of other benefits also.
I do appreciate that you can't make a move to use MySipSwitch or
Voxalot immediately because you need to use the same IP all the time,
to get the inclusive calls, but it is the way to go if you want to be
able to use the Sipbroker PSTN access lines etc.

Sites:-
www.sipbroker.com
www.voxalot.com
www.mysipswitch.com

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old March 26th 08, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Hammond

[...]

You've lost me there

Old March 27th 08, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 26 Mar, 11:37, "Stephen Hammond" wrote:
Using VoipCheap Access number in Spain

I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in Spain
and they had a huge bill from Telefonica (landline provider). Anyone know
how much Telefonica charge for phoning 911328008 it only costs 1p / minute
from the UK using 181815?

I take it he was calling from a telefonica landline to call 911328008,
which is a Madrid landline number. The cost of calls depends on where
your calling from in Spain and at what time. Normal rate is 08.00 -
18.00. Cheap rate is 18.00 - 08.00.

If calling from Madrid at normal rate, local ("Metropolitana" call)
calls costs:
Call connection charge - Establecimiento de llamada = 0,069225 EURO +
Tarifa normal (normal rate/minute) 0,013796 EURO
- So a 3 minute local call to the access number would cost 6.9225
cents + (1.3796x3) = 11.0613 cents

If calling from, say, Alicante, thuis would be an "interprovincial"
call and would cost:
Call connection charge - Establecimiento de llamada = 0,088714 EURO +
Tarifa reducida (cheap rate/minute) = 0,040257 EURO
- so a 3 minute call to the access number would cost 8.8714 cents +
(6.8788x3) = 29.5078 cents

For a full list of rates, see:
http://www.telefonicaonline.com/on/p...OG&v_idioma=es
and look for the table headed "Nacional"

3 cheaper alternatives (the first two calling the access number):
1 - on the landline, sign up with Telefónica for "unlimited landline
calls" which costs about 3-5 euros month (don't remember exactly).
2 - Using an unlocked mobile with a Vodafone Spain PAYG SIM card set
to the right tariff (vitamina plus 60), calling the access number
costs around 45 cents for any call lasting UP TO an hour.
3 - Using an unlocked mobile with an Orange Spain SIM WITH and Orange
International card, you dial an Orange access number for free, the get
150 minutes to UK landlines for 5 euros. This is the card that I
recommend to people who come to visit me...

You can get both the Vodafone and Orange SIMs from http://www.spanish-sim-cards.com/

Hope this helps

Old March 27th 08, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:39:26 -0000, "Stephen Hammond"
wrote:

[...]

OK, I'll explain it a bit more.
Voxalot is a sort of 'online' ATA with additional features.
If you get a voip account, with an incoming UK number, the SIP
username and password can be entered into the Voxalot settings and the
account will register with the SIP provider (e.g. VoipCheap) just as
though it was an ATA or SIP softphone.
Now you use Voxalot for your provider on your ATA (or softphone).
Calls into your VoipCheap number will route via Voxalot to your ATA.
In addition, however, it is also possible to call your Voxalot number,
via a Sipbroker PSTN access number ( that is a landline number, e.g.
+34-93-396-80-00 in Barcellona). When the Sipbroker PSTN access line
answers the caller inputs *010 followed by your 6 digit Voxalot number
and the call is connected. The whole point of using Voxalot is that it
enables callers to call, via Sipbroker, from an ATA, softphone or a
Sipbroker PSTN access line. You can't do that with VoipCheap because
the don't allow incoming calls directly to your SIP address (except
possibly from their own network) but Voxalot do.
If you want to read in more detail then take a look at the links
above. Anyone can call via Sipbroker, no account is needed. Just enter
anything in SIP settings the username and password and sipbroker.com
as the proxy server. You will see a very long list of access numbers
and access codes on th eSipbroker website. You will see a red cross
next to VoipCheap, indicating that it will not except calls from other
SIP networks, i.e. calls only via an assigned incoming 'landline'
number.

---
Old March 28th 08, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Hammond

[...]

I've set up an account at mysipswitch, however I don't know what number to
use from the PSTN line, my username is Hammond ?

Old March 28th 08, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Hammond

From reading a few forums it looks like Betamax blocks voxalot and
Mysipswitch anyway so almost certainly not worth it

Old March 30th 08, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:58:40 -0000, "Stephen Hammond"
wrote:

From reading a few forums it looks like Betamax blocks voxalot and
Mysipswitch anyway so almost certainly not worth it

I use Voxalot with justVoip and that is a Betamax company.
There was a problem using Voxalot but it was sorted some time ago. One
advantage of Voxalot is that, as required by Betamax, for the 'free'
calls, the IP remains static. That may not be so from your home
broadband. I don't know about use of MySipSwitch as I haven't tried it
with justVoip.

In answer to your question about which number to use from the
Sipbroker PSTN access line, it is your Voxalot, 6 digit, number
preceded by the Voxalot code *010. In the case of MySipSwitch, I am
not so much an expert on that. I would imagine others who actively use
it may be able to advise. Voxalot certainly is no problem and I think,
for its additional features, it is worth the £7/year. Voxalot does a
lot more than MySipSwitch.

---