Is 2272 kbps indicative of a fixed 2 meg service ? Tiscali idiots strikeagain

Old March 26th 08, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Default Is 2272 kbps indicative of a fixed 2 meg service ? Tiscali idiots strikeagain

Neighbour who's had huge problems since being completely LLU'd (phone
and broadband) by Tiscali has finally got his broadband back but the
down sync rate is only 2272 kbps ( mine next-door is 8128 ).

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are, might they
have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving him a proper '8
meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?

Graham

Old March 26th 08, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Neighbour who's had huge problems since being completely LLU'd (phone
and broadband) by Tiscali has finally got his broadband back but the
down sync rate is only 2272 kbps ( mine next-door is 8128 ).

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are, might they
have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving him a proper '8
meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?
Graham

LLU'd on Tiscali!
I'd rather take my chances playing Russian roulette with a revolver and 5
bullets

I'd lay money on Tiscali buggering up the downgrade too
Tell him to get as far away from Tosscali as possible

Steve Terry

Old March 26th 08, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tullyhubbert

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Neighbour who's had huge problems since being completely LLU'd (phone
and broadband) by Tiscali has finally got his broadband back but the
down sync rate is only 2272 kbps ( mine next-door is 8128 ).

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are, might they
have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving him a proper '8
meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?

Thats what I have with a Pipex fixed 2 Mb service, ie: 2272 kbps down and
288 kbps up.

--
JC

Old March 26th 08, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message

Thats what I have with a Pipex fixed 2 Mb service, ie: 2272 kbps down and
288 kbps up.

Tullyhubbert = JC from a perious thread, was using a different PC.

--
JC

Old March 26th 08, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Steve Terry wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Neighbour who's had huge problems since being completely LLU'd (phone
and broadband) by Tiscali has finally got his broadband back but the
down sync rate is only 2272 kbps ( mine next-door is 8128 ).

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are, might they
have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving him a proper '8
meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?
Graham

LLU'd on Tiscali!

Yes ! He'd been a Tiscali broadband customer (on LLU) for some time and had
received perfectly adequate service, but when they also took over his phone
line it all went to hell.

I'd rather take my chances playing Russian roulette with a revolver and 5
bullets

I'd lay money on Tiscali buggering up the downgrade too
Tell him to get as far away from Tosscali as possible

I concur with your sentiments but the 20 for line rental, calls and broadband
is very attractive and he's seeking to reduce his outgoings. 7 weeks of hell
to get it all working is ridiculous however.

Graham

Old March 26th 08, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Tullyhubbert wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Neighbour who's had huge problems since being completely LLU'd (phone
and broadband) by Tiscali has finally got his broadband back but the
down sync rate is only 2272 kbps ( mine next-door is 8128 ).

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are, might they
have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving him a proper '8
meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?

Thats what I have with a Pipex fixed 2 Mb service, ie: 2272 kbps down and
288 kbps up.

Right.

I think he only has 256 up actually ! That one leapt out at me as well.

Graham

Old March 26th 08, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterW

"Steve Terry" wrote in
:

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Neighbour who's had huge problems since being completely LLU'd (phone
and broadband) by Tiscali has finally got his broadband back but the
down sync rate is only 2272 kbps ( mine next-door is 8128 ).

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are, might
they have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving him a
proper '8 meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?
Graham

LLU'd on Tiscali!
I'd rather take my chances playing Russian roulette with a revolver
and 5 bullets

I'd lay money on Tiscali buggering up the downgrade too
Tell him to get as far away from Tosscali as possible

Steve Terry

ADSL24 (Entanet seller) is one of the best. You can even change your
interleave from the control panel (free) and see the BT Max stats. Tiscali
are / are worse than / the Mafia.

Peter
Old March 26th 08, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are, might they
have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving him a proper '8
meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?

Check out my Pipex - Plusnet thread below Graham.

It would appear PlusNet have kept me on a 2Mb connection when I transferred,
to get an 8Mb connection a regrade has to be requested. Is it possible
Tiscali do something similiar?

--
JC

Old March 26th 08, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
krft

Eeyore wrote:
Tullyhubbert wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Neighbour who's had huge problems since being completely LLU'd
(phone and broadband) by Tiscali has finally got his broadband
back but the down sync rate is only 2272 kbps ( mine next-door is
8128 ).

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are,
might they have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving
him a proper '8 meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?

Thats what I have with a Pipex fixed 2 Mb service, ie: 2272 kbps
down and 288 kbps up.

Right.

I think he only has 256 up actually ! That one leapt out at me as
well.

Graham

He is on a fixed rate 2Mbps service then, time to get the shot gun
out.....

Old March 26th 08, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

kraftee wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Tullyhubbert wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in message

Neighbour who's had huge problems since being completely LLU'd
(phone and broadband) by Tiscali has finally got his broadband
back but the down sync rate is only 2272 kbps ( mine next-door is
8128 ).

Knowing what a bunch of clueless ****s and shysters they are,
might they have capped his connection at 2 meg instead of giving
him a proper '8 meg' connection which is what he signed up for ?

Thats what I have with a Pipex fixed 2 Mb service, ie: 2272 kbps
down and 288 kbps up.

Right.

I think he only has 256 up actually ! That one leapt out at me as
well.

He is on a fixed rate 2Mbps service then, time to get the shot gun
out.....

Thanks for confirming that Kraftee ! I'll let him know.

Graham