BB Connection Updating Begins

Old March 27th 08, 03:33 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband

Default BB Connection Updating Begins

A few days ago I ordered from adslnation an XTE-2005 faceplate to
replace the existing one and two XDF-68 sockets and yesterday they
arrived and today the new twisted pairs cable and the idc tool arrived
..
First thing I noticed was that the cable I have been using is not
twisted pairs . It has been in situ for quite a number of years so
maybe twisted pairs were not necessary in those days or else it is
alarm cable and probably quite ok for "voice"

What I'll probably do is use the new stuff for the new sockets and
keep them just for adsl and use the existing ones for voice .I only
need one of them anyway as the phones are cordless.

Once it is in I'll report back and let you know what difference in
speeds I get . PlusNet presently tells me
Your High-speed Broadband Service

Your current broadband speed is 5500 Kbps
and the speed tests report speeds of around
Today 10:53 5206 kbps (651kB/s) 375 kbps (46.9kB/s)
Today 10:48 4573 kbps (572kB/s) 376 kbps (47kB/s)
Today 10:47 4463 kbps (558kB/s) 376 kbps (47kB/s)