BT multicast docs

Old March 27th 08, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DAB sounds worse than FM

Default BT multicast docs

Someone's sent me the following BT Consult21 documents (which are apparently
public domain but I can't find them via Google):

http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/do...ast_condoc.ppt
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/do...cal_condoc.ppt
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/do...esentation.ppt
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/do...ast_condoc.doc

From reading them it seems to me that BT is planning to do multicast
"properly", i.e. as the ISPs would hope they'd do it, so things would be
very different to how things are done today where for example there's been
no incentive for non-LLU ISPs to support multicast because they wouldn't
save any bandwidth because the streams have to be split prior to going down
the BT central pipes.

What do others think?

The adoption of DAB was the most incompetent technical
decision ever made in the history of UK broadcasting:
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/da...ion_of_dab.htm