Siemens C475IP

Old March 28th 08, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Default Siemens C475IP

Hi,

I know a lot of people have been waiting for these.

The Siemens C475IP phone is now in the UK and should be available from
all the usual places.

Like a C460IP, but has a new shaped handset, 2 calls through the base,
6 SIP accounts and a digital answering machine

Tim Bray
Old March 29th 08, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Tim Bray wrote:
Hi,

I know a lot of people have been waiting for these.

The Siemens C475IP phone is now in the UK and should be available from
all the usual places.

Like a C460IP, but has a new shaped handset, 2 calls through the base,
6 SIP accounts and a digital answering machine

Tim Bray

How is different from the 675?
Old March 30th 08, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

Ian Pawson wrote:
Tim Bray wrote:
Hi,

I know a lot of people have been waiting for these.

The Siemens C475IP phone is now in the UK and should be available from
all the usual places.

Like a C460IP, but has a new shaped handset, 2 calls through the base,
6 SIP accounts and a digital answering machine

Tim Bray

How is different from the 675?

It also seems to be cheaper than the s450 ip and offer the recorder. So
is there a catch?
Old March 31st 08, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Nick wrote:
It also seems to be cheaper than the s450 ip and offer the recorder. So
is there a catch?

Not really. It has the new shaped handsets.

Tim
Old March 31st 08, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Ian Pawson wrote:
How is different from the 675?

Only different between a C475IP and a S675IP is that the S675IP has hi
def audio.

But, the S675IP phone is not going to planned for UK launch. Instead
there will be the S685IP phone, which also has bluetooth in the handset.

They are coming in, but a couple of months away.

Tim
Old March 31st 08, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Tim Bray wrote:
Ian Pawson wrote:
How is different from the 675?

Only different between a C475IP and a S675IP is that the S675IP has hi
def audio.

But, the S675IP phone is not going to planned for UK launch. Instead
there will be the S685IP phone, which also has bluetooth in the handset.

They are coming in, but a couple of months away.

Tim

Thanks for the info - ordered a C475IP today.
Old March 31st 08, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Tim Bray schreef:
Ian Pawson wrote:
How is different from the 675?

Only different between a C475IP and a S675IP is that the S675IP has hi
def audio.

But, the S675IP phone is not going to planned for UK launch. Instead
there will be the S685IP phone, which also has bluetooth in the handset.

They are coming in, but a couple of months away.

Tim

My question: is BlueTooth such a great addition ? the handset (DECT) is
wireless, adding a wireless headset makes things more complicated, is my
guess, and BlueTooth is also a security risk, (DECT is more secure) does
BlueTooth connects to the base, or to the handset ?

--

The Fug.

( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )
Old April 1st 08, 03:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

TheFug wrote:
My question: is BlueTooth such a great addition ? the handset (DECT) is
wireless, adding a wireless headset makes things more complicated, is my
guess, and BlueTooth is also a security risk, (DECT is more secure) does
BlueTooth connects to the base, or to the handset ?

Dect from base to handset.

Bluetooth from handset to headset.

Also you can mobile phone contact sync and upload wallpapers. Not
tested this yet though.

Tim

Old April 1st 08, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marc Zirnheld

D'apres TheFug , dans le forum uk.telecom.voip...

My question: is BlueTooth such a great addition ? the handset (DECT) is
wireless, adding a wireless headset makes things more complicated,

You can find small wireless earpieces with Bluetooth, not DECT.

Also, the base can connect to your GSM phone, so that you receive you
GSM calls on the base or any DECT handset. Can be usefull if you have
several handsets spreaded in various romms of the house.

I don't know if you can also make GSM calls from the base or handsets,
so it could be a cheaper way to call to mobiles phone.

Note that you have to choose what you want to do with the Bluetooth
interface : connect the base to an earpiece, OR connect the base to a
GSM phone. You cannot do both.

Note : this is based on my experience with a SX353isdn(*). The C475ip
seems similar but I cannot be 100% sure.

Old April 1st 08, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Marc Zirnheld schreef:
D'apres TheFug , dans le forum uk.telecom.voip...

My question: is BlueTooth such a great addition ? the handset (DECT) is
wireless, adding a wireless headset makes things more complicated,

You can find small wireless earpieces with Bluetooth, not DECT.

Also, the base can connect to your GSM phone, so that you receive you
GSM calls on the base or any DECT handset. Can be usefull if you have
several handsets spreaded in various romms of the house.

I don't know if you can also make GSM calls from the base or handsets,
so it could be a cheaper way to call to mobiles phone.

Note that you have to choose what you want to do with the Bluetooth
interface : connect the base to an earpiece, OR connect the base to a
GSM phone. You cannot do both.

Note : this is based on my experience with a SX353isdn(*). The C475ip
seems similar but I cannot be 100% sure.

I guess these extra functions you mention, can be usefull to use that
way, and security is also kept ? (i guess DECT is safer as a wireless
connection)