Toucan account (not in use) in credit

Old March 29th 08, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bornfree

Default Toucan account (not in use) in credit

I used to use Toucan Broadband/phone (whose service is absolutely
appalling by the way).

My account is 25.93 in credit.. . although I have no business with
them any more.

Has anyone had any success in getting money from a company which you
have credit with?
Old March 29th 08, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:02:38 -0700 (PDT), bornfree
wrote:

I used to use Toucan Broadband/phone (whose service is absolutely
appalling by the way).

My account is 25.93 in credit.. . although I have no business with
them any more.

Has anyone had any success in getting money from a company which you
have credit with?

Have you requested a refund from them ?
Old March 29th 08, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I used to use Toucan Broadband/phone (whose service is absolutely
appalling by the way).
My account is 25.93 in credit.. . although I have no business with
them any more.
Has anyone had any success in getting money from a company which you
have credit with?

It's a small amount compared with the Small Claims In The County
Court fee for this amount, though they might cave in, then you
get the amount claimed plus the court fee.
Worked for me against a multi-national PLC for a similar
amount, they and their barrister, just wanted to be rid of
the action. To compensate you for getting the runaround,
we are dedicated to customer satisfaction, we will replace
the faulty item, with our latest, ultra expensive model,
if you withdraw the action.
But they could choose to defend it and claim they
don't owe you anything. Then you lose both amounts.
Alternatively you can probably get hold of the MD's
name from Companies House, and with a bit of digging
possibly his home address.
Company reports are often online and give the MD's name.
First you send a personally addressed letter, recorded delivery,
with just a faint lingering aroma of some exotic perfume.
Most secretaries, other than the most hardened, won't
open it, in case it is really personal, private, and embarassing,
so he gets to open it personally.
Then if unhappy with any response, try sending a reply,
with lingering perfume, saying how disappointed you are
to his home address, one letter is unlikely to be regarded
as harrassment.
You can escalate it further, but then you get into
uncharted waters.
Old March 29th 08, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bornfree

On 29 Mar, 21:53, wrote:
[...]

Ha. I have spoken to Toucan and they said they will put the balance in
my account.

Thanks though, very interesting advice.
Old March 29th 08, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

bornfree wrote:
Ha. I have spoken to Toucan and they said they will put the balance in
my account.

You have actually just spoken to Tiscali.... Sit down and take a stiff
drink. Between now and the day of your bank statement anything can
happen... ;-(

--
Adrian C