PlusNet are "best broadband provider"

Old March 30th 08, 07:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
news outlook

Default PlusNet are "best broadband provider"

According to......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...honesbroadband

Quite a turnaround, considering all the criticism they've received in this
group.

Old March 30th 08, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 30 Mar, 07:34, "news outlook" wrote:
According to......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...honesbroadband

Quite a turnaround, considering all the criticism they've received in this
group.

This was posted to PlusNet today..........

Some feed back

Yesterday my broadband service terminated with Plusnet and was taken
over by Sky.
I was connected and up and running within minutes.

OK the feed back for you at Plusnet is that I was astonished, gob
smacked at how fast the Sky service was compared to PlusNet and I have
complained frequently about how slow PlusNet was...almost a dial up
connection. You took no notice and did nothing. It was clear you
frequently throttled the service and your servers simply could not
keep up with the demand. Its a frequent theme appearing in magazines
and on web sites and in news groups. You constantly deny it but the
facts are obvious. You throttle customers connections.

So I ran some tests on the speed using a number of different sites/
methods incl Bt speed test and surprise surprise Sky was more than
twice as fast as my old PlusNet conection, and at the busiest time of
the day!!!.

Now this is the best bit. For that `half a service` you charged me
21.99 a month and also slapped a 20 Gb download limit on me which
wasn`t there when you sold me the service originally.

Sky on the other hand is more than half your price, 10 a month and is
unlimited but subject to a fair usage policy. They dont specify a
limit and state they have more than enough capacity.

So in terms of speed and cost and usage Sky beats Plusnet hand down.

Number 1 ISP in the UK...dont make me laugh ;-))))))

Bye

Old March 30th 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

wrote in message
So in terms of speed and cost and usage Sky beats Plusnet hand down.

Number 1 ISP in the UK...dont make me laugh ;-))))))

Bye

I 2nd that, Plusnet for my mother was very poor hence I'd never recommend
their service ever again!!!

I moved her over to TalkTalk and they beat Plusnet for speed`s...

I`m a customer of Sky broadband also and get full 8mb here at 5 a month,
excellent service....

Old March 30th 08, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jones

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 06:34:03 GMT, "news outlook" wrote:

According to......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...honesbroadband

Quite a turnaround, considering all the criticism they've received in this
group.

The results of a survey! I am always suspicious of surveys.
In all my years I have never ever been approached once to take part in a
survey (apart from the national census). I'm just back from the Club a
couple of friends were going on about this article (in The Guardian) no one
there has ever been asked, around 70 folks! I'm not questioning the honesty
or integrity of the folks who carried out the survey just where do they get
their sample from.....Andromeda??

Jones.....The Sceptic!
--------------------------
The Internet will become the
Sacred Sanctuary for Nutters and Idiots.
(Michel Nostradamus, December 14, 1503, July 2, 1566).
--------------------------
Old March 30th 08, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:16:27 UTC, "MeGgAhUrTz" wrote:

I`m a customer of Sky broadband also and get full 8mb here at 5 a month,
excellent service....

8 millibits isn't very fast! :-)

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old March 30th 08, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:16:27 UTC, "MeGgAhUrTz" wrote:

I`m a customer of Sky broadband also and get full 8mb here at 5 a month,
excellent service....

8 millibits isn't very fast! :-)

I think you know what I meant but judging on your past posts it's an easy
target...

Old March 30th 08, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:56:18 UTC, "MeGgAhUrTz" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:16:27 UTC, "MeGgAhUrTz" wrote:

I`m a customer of Sky broadband also and get full 8mb here at 5 a month,
excellent service....

8 millibits isn't very fast! :-)

I think you know what I meant but judging on your past posts it's an easy
target...

Easy target indeed...judging by the name you post under, you clearly
have problems with capitalisation.

But although not ambiguous now, it might be so in another context.
Confusion of units can be very serious (e.g. the plane that was
refuelled in litres instead of gallons).

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old March 30th 08, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:38:52 +0100, Jones wrote:

The results of a survey! I am always suspicious of surveys.
In all my years I have never ever been approached once to take part in a
survey (apart from the national census).

How strange. I have the opposite problem with surveys and receive at
least one a week. There is probably a database of survey "possibles"
and I'm on it.

With telephone surveys I just hang up. With "paper" surveys I tick
boxes at random.

Steve

Old March 30th 08, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:56:18 UTC, "MeGgAhUrTz" wrote:

I think you know what I meant but judging on your past posts it's an easy
target...

Easy target indeed...judging by the name you post under, you clearly
have problems with capitalisation.

Welcome to my Killfile..

Old March 30th 08, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , Stephen
Wolstenholme wrote
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:38:52 +0100, Jones wrote:

The results of a survey! I am always suspicious of surveys.
In all my years I have never ever been approached once to take part in a
survey (apart from the national census).

How strange. I have the opposite problem with surveys and receive at
least one a week. There is probably a database of survey "possibles"
and I'm on it.

With telephone surveys I just hang up. With "paper" surveys I tick
boxes at random.

So you too live in a household of 37 people, own 1.5 dogs, 2.5 cats,
smoke 150 fags a week, drink 23 units of alcohol a day and purchase
everything from an outlet called 'others'.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com