SKY activation

Old March 31st 08, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default SKY activation

I signed up to sky a couple of weeks ago and was told my router would
arrive within 5 days. Today I ring sky only to be told that the router
wouldn't be dispatched until they received my mac code even though I
was told that this wasn't the case. On top of this I'm told that the
account will take up to 10 - 15 days to activate. So if I give sky my
mac code I could be without broadband for up to 15 days?? Does this
sound correct? What are other peoples experiences?

According to pipex - "Upon using this MAC code with a new provider you
will be deemed to have cancelled your Pipex Internet broadband
service." Does this mean when I actually give sky the mac code i.e.
today or when my BB is activated?

Anyone?
Old March 31st 08, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Barb

"WCZ" wrote in message
I signed up to sky a couple of weeks ago and was told my router would
arrive within 5 days. Today I ring sky only to be told that the router
wouldn't be dispatched until they received my mac code even though I
was told that this wasn't the case. On top of this I'm told that the
account will take up to 10 - 15 days to activate. So if I give sky my
mac code I could be without broadband for up to 15 days?? Does this
sound correct? What are other peoples experiences?

According to pipex - "Upon using this MAC code with a new provider you
will be deemed to have cancelled your Pipex Internet broadband
service." Does this mean when I actually give sky the mac code i.e.
today or when my BB is activated?

Anyone?

My experience, Pipex to Sky. I got my MAC code (within 5 days), rang Sky
that day, gave them my code and booked their bb. I was given an activation
date about 2 weeks hence, the router and equipment arrived within a week.
As soon as you give them your MAC, it should all go into action, they won't
do anything without it.

On the activation day, I got up in the morning to find my Pipex bb didn't
work, so I connected up the filters and router, switched everything on, ran
the CD, and it worked. Simple as that. I understand there may be a delay
of an hour or two between when one goes off and the other comes on, but that
didn't happen with me - or it happened overnight.

There is even an animated instruction on the CD to tell you how to plug
everything in, if you need that.

Very swift, efficient and idiot-proof (fortunately). Don't worry - just go
for it!

And .... oh yes .... it was fast and it worked .... unlike Poopex/Trashcali.

Barb

Old April 1st 08, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 31 Mar, 18:17, "Barb" wrote:
"WCZ" wrote in message

[...]

Barb- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Barb! That's put my mind at rest.