Sip port limit exeeded

Old March 31st 08, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Błażej

Default Sip port limit exeeded

Hello,

I have PAP2T connected to Asmax ar8002c router. Recently I have noticed a
strange log - "Sip port limi exeeded". This message is logged by Asmax every
time the PAP2T registration time expired.

I tried to change some PAP2T settings but it only made this matter worse.
The router start hanging after few houres. Now I have the previous settings
and the strange message in log.

Do you have any idea how to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Blazej
I have tried to solve the issue but I didn't manage to

Old March 31st 08, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Hi,

I would advise you to ensure that your router is upgraded to the latest
stable firmware, and to double check you have the appropriate port
forwarding/firewall rules in place.

Turn of UPNP support on the router, and make sure there is no packet
inspection or SIP ALG running on your router.

Matt

--
mattpark
mattpark's Profile: http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/member.php?userid=3

External post from http://www.ukvoiptalk.com

Old April 1st 08, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Błażej schreef:
Hello,

I have PAP2T connected to Asmax ar8002c router. Recently I have noticed a
strange log - "Sip port limi exeeded". This message is logged by Asmax every
time the PAP2T registration time expired.

I tried to change some PAP2T settings but it only made this matter worse.
The router start hanging after few houres. Now I have the previous settings
and the strange message in log.

Do you have any idea how to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Blazej
I have tried to solve the issue but I didn't manage to

Did you also just switched off, and on, the router ?

or collect all your logon, port data and such, do a factory reset (is
you don't use a pre-programed firmware by a provider) and restore all
known settings by hand, because along your use with it, you could have
set a wrong setting, which you can't trace anymore...
A new firmware update is only good, when you know fore sure it solves
your problem, or it could make it worse.....

--

The Fug.

( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )
Old April 3rd 08, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Blazej

Hello,

The problem is that my router is quite old. It has almost a five years. It
doesn't support UPNP and all other useful stuff. There is also not much to
do with port fowarding due to his limits. It can only support 20 different
port fowards at time. According to my knowledge it has also the newest
frimware installed.

But let's talk a while about port fowarding and strange behaviour related to
it.

When I foward the port number 5060, which is my SIP port, everything works
fine until WAN IP address is changed (usually every once a day), then my
VOIP adapter dosen't catch the IP change and no further calls are possible
unless I reset router or VOIP adapter.

Please find my VOIP settings at the following address:
http://www.luz.neostrada.pl/conf/adv...figuration.htm

I will also try to collect some more interesting log with sipura syslog
server.

Thanks & Regards,
Blazej

Old April 3rd 08, 07:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Blazej used his keyboard to write :
When I foward the port number 5060, which is my SIP port, everything works
fine until WAN IP address is changed (usually every once a day), then my VOIP
adapter dosen't catch the IP change and no further calls are possible unless
I reset router or VOIP adapter.

Your PAP2 is set to register with your Internet Telephone Provider once
an hour.

Try shortening the registration period - "Register Expires: 3600"

Old April 3rd 08, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Blazej

Try shortening the registration period - "Register Expires: 3600"

It wouldn't change anything becasue every 50s there is a keep-alive packet
send to SIP server, which makes a path opened.

The point is that after the IP address is changed my VOIP adapter tries to
renew registration at SIP server, but the SIP server no longer response.

Old April 20th 08, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Blazej schreef:
Try shortening the registration period - "Register Expires: 3600"

It wouldn't change anything becasue every 50s there is a keep-alive packet
send to SIP server, which makes a path opened.

The point is that after the IP address is changed my VOIP adapter tries to
renew registration at SIP server, but the SIP server no longer response.

Set static IP address instead of DHCP ?

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.