BT providing the wrong web pages??????

Old April 1st 08, 08:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Olive

Default BT providing the wrong web pages??????

Hi all.

I have two clients using BT Broadband and when they go to
www.theirdomain.co.uk it returns the wrong website. (i.e - not their,
BUT something that appears to have the same domain name)

Is this a BT problem? I'd imagine it's something to do with DNS but
getting through to BT Broadband help is proving no fun.

Thoughts anyone?
Old April 1st 08, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

Well sounds like a DNS problem, might be down BT' End. But first I
would test the local side. Fire up command prompt and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

then open your browser and try the domain, do Ctrl+F5 as well just to
make sure. If the problem is still there then it is probally BT's DNS
servers that have got a fault. Try using OpenDNS's servers for name
lookup, the IP's a

208.67.222.222
208.67.220.220

Just enter that into your router and repair the network connection or
enter in TCP/IP properties for the network adapter. If it still don't
work then maybe there is a problem with where the domain is linked to
so check with the domain provider.
Old April 1st 08, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

I presume you've tried "ping" to see what the domain resolves to on a
"working" machine and on your clients machines? You can also use "nslookup"
on Windows to figure out who returns the IP addresses.

Paul DS

Old April 1st 08, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Jay

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 08:36:52 +0100, Steve Olive
[email protected]_steveolive_dot_co_dot_uk wrote:

I have two clients using BT Broadband and when they go to
www.theirdomain.co.uk it returns the wrong website. (i.e - not their,
BUT something that appears to have the same domain name)

Is this a BT problem? I'd imagine it's something to do with DNS but
getting through to BT Broadband help is proving no fun.

Thoughts anyone?

Another secret Phorm trial?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/01/bt_phorm_2006_trial/
--
Martin Jay
Old April 1st 08, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Olive

Steve Olive wrote:
Hi all.

I have two clients using BT Broadband and when they go to
www.theirdomain.co.uk it returns the wrong website. (i.e - not their,
BUT something that appears to have the same domain name)

Is this a BT problem? I'd imagine it's something to do with DNS but
getting through to BT Broadband help is proving no fun.

Thoughts anyone?

Sorted now.
Someone changed one of the Nameservers at Fasthosts. It wasn't me and
nobody else has access to my account, or so I thought.
Password changed so fingers crossed.

Thanks all.