ISP recomendation please

Old April 1st 08, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

Default ISP recomendation please

Hi,

Can anyone suggest an ISP that will give me the following?

1 Month contract
No upfront fee
No router required, will provide my own.
Small monthly download limit - probably around 2 Gig

I'm considering Plusnet, but would like a few more options if possible
--
Cheers

Peter
Old April 1st 08, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

PeterT wrote:
Can anyone suggest an ISP that will give me the following?

1 Month contract
No upfront fee
No router required, will provide my own.
Small monthly download limit - probably around 2 Gig

I'm considering Plusnet, but would like a few more options if possible

Are you migrating, or activating a "new" line? If migrating, are you
currently with a BTwholesale-based product, or another LLU operators
product?

Old April 2nd 08, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Can anyone suggest an ISP that will give me the following?
I'm considering Plusnet, but would like a few more options if possible

cough wireless dongle and an unwitting neighbour...
Old April 2nd 08, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

Are you expecting to get an e-mail account from them too? For example
Onetel gives adequate (but no better) internet access but their e-mail
service is expletive deleted and their DNS servers are no better.

Paul DS.

Old April 2nd 08, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:25:20 +0100, Paul Cupis
wrote:

PeterT wrote:
Can anyone suggest an ISP that will give me the following?

1 Month contract
No upfront fee
No router required, will provide my own.
Small monthly download limit - probably around 2 Gig

I'm considering Plusnet, but would like a few more options if possible

Are you migrating, or activating a "new" line? If migrating, are you
currently with a BTwholesale-based product, or another LLU operators
product?

A new line, one that has never had broadband conneected to it
previously
--
Cheers

Peter
Old April 2nd 08, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 00:24:04 +0100, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

Can anyone suggest an ISP that will give me the following?
I'm considering Plusnet, but would like a few more options if possible

cough wireless dongle and an unwitting neighbour...

The nearest neighbour is half a mile away and it's the local police
station. They may well be unwitting....
--
Cheers

Peter
Old April 2nd 08, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:37:05 +0100, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

Are you expecting to get an e-mail account from them too? For example
Onetel gives adequate (but no better) internet access but their e-mail
service is expletive deleted and their DNS servers are no better.

Paul DS.

Not looking for an email account - I've got my own. No web space
either
--
Cheers

Peter
Old April 2nd 08, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

wrote:

PeterT wrote:
Can anyone suggest an ISP that will give me the following?

1 Month contract
No upfront fee
No router required, will provide my own.
Small monthly download limit - probably around 2 Gig

I'm considering Plusnet, but would like a few more options if possible

Are you migrating, or activating a "new" line? If migrating, are you
currently with a BTwholesale-based product, or another LLU operators
product?

A new line, one that has never had broadband conneected to it
previously

No-one in their right mind will offer free activation of a "new" line
with a 1 month contract, unless their monthly charge is inflated to
cover their costs.
Old April 2nd 08, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

o.uk wrote:

Can anyone suggest an ISP that will give me the following?
I'm considering Plusnet, but would like a few more options if possible

cough wireless dongle and an unwitting neighbour...

The nearest neighbour is half a mile away and it's the local police
station. They may well be unwitting....

As in witless?
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old April 2nd 08, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

wrote:

PeterT wrote:
Can anyone suggest an ISP that will give me the following?

1 Month contract
No upfront fee
No router required, will provide my own.
Small monthly download limit - probably around 2 Gig

I'm considering Plusnet, but would like a few more options if possible
Are you migrating, or activating a "new" line? If migrating, are you
currently with a BTwholesale-based product, or another LLU operators
product?

A new line, one that has never had broadband conneected to it
previously

No-one in their right mind will offer free activation of a "new" line
with a 1 month contract, unless their monthly charge is inflated to
cover their costs.

Apparently Plusnet offer a 1 month contract with no upfront charge
(providing you use your own router), and you stay with them for 12
months.

details at:

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/
--