What does WBC mean?

Old April 2nd 08, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

Default What does WBC mean?

I know it stands for "Wholesale Broadband Connect" but that doesn't
enlighten me much. If an exchange is enabled for WBC but isn't
switching over to 21CN yet, does it get the user anything useful?

-- Richard
--
:wq
Old April 2nd 08, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Richard Tobin wrote:
I know it stands for "Wholesale Broadband Connect" but that doesn't
enlighten me much. If an exchange is enabled for WBC but isn't
switching over to 21CN yet, does it get the user anything useful?

Start here

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/21cn_broadband.php

Peter Crosland

Old April 2nd 08, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article [email protected],
Peter Crosland wrote:

I know it stands for "Wholesale Broadband Connect" but that doesn't
enlighten me much. If an exchange is enabled for WBC but isn't
switching over to 21CN yet, does it get the user anything useful?

Start here

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/21cn_broadband.php

Thanks, but I still can't tell whether it makes any difference to the
customer, rather than just the ISP's end of things. In particular,
does it allow you to have a connection faster than 8Mb/s without the
exchange being converted to 21CN?

-- Richard
--
:wq
Old April 2nd 08, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CommanderZendo

"Richard Tobin" wrote in message
-snip-
does it allow you to have a connection faster than 8Mb/s without the
exchange being converted to 21CN?

No - Basically WBC provides the end user with broadband access and the ISP's
who use that retain direct control of the backhaul arrangements.

WMBC is managed by BT.

http://www.btwholesale.com/pages/sta...nect_wBBC.html

Commander