Fritz 7140 won't play :-(

Old April 2nd 08, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

Default Fritz 7140 won't play :-(

Hi All,

I've had a Fritz!Box Fon WAN 1740 on my NTL (VM) Terayon TJ210 cable
modem for some time now and apart from the modem dropping out once in
a while it's been pretty fine.

Today I come in and no 'Internet'. Some faultfinding showed that the
Fritz wasn't picking up DHCP from the modem (in the WAN / LAN1 port)
whereas my PC would get DHCP from the modem ok. Nothing had been
touched / changed for yonks.

Looking at the settings of the Fritz there seemed like there was some
strange stuff going on .. like it suggested the i/p address of the
router was 192.168.178.1 whereas it was (and I was talking to it on)
192.168.0.100?

So, after a few warm-starts that had no effect I saved the settings
and 'Factory Defaulted' the box.

I made contact with it again and started to input my settings but then
summat happened and now I can't get back into it again. :-(

I have tried contacting it on various addresses inc 192.168.178.254
as it suggests in the manual but nothing.

Is there really no reset button on these things?

Any thoughts please before I send it back .. ?

All the best ..

T i m

Old April 3rd 08, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 19:08:44 GMT, T i m wrote:

Hi All,

Today I come in and no 'Internet'. Some faultfinding showed that the
Fritz wasn't picking up DHCP from the modem (in the WAN / LAN1 port)
whereas my PC would get DHCP from the modem ok. Nothing had been
touched / changed for yonks.

Is there really no reset button on these things?

FWIW, there sorta is .. ;-)

Dialing #991*15901590* makes it do a Factory Default. ;-)

I was then able to re-configure it with my previously saved settings
and all seems happy and bright again.

Fingers crossed though as I have no idea what made it go weird in the
first place shrug.

All the best ..

T i m