My VOIP has stopped working ..

Old April 2nd 08, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
T i m

Default My VOIP has stopped working ..

Hi All,

Probably not strictly on topic but I have lost my VOIP lines. :-(

The reason is my Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7140 seems to have stopped picking
up DHCP from my cable modem (VM, CM ok with PC directly).

I tried all the usual (soft reset, power cycle, factory default) but
now I can't even get back into it? ;-(

I think I may have noticed some strange things when I first connected
to it tonight (that could of been party to why it stopped working
after all this time) in that it said the ip address for the box was
192.168.178.1 when I was talking to it (initially) on 192.168.0.100
(and how it's been since the beginning).

I'm now trying to get to it on 192.168.178.254 but again, nowt. :-(

Any ideas before I send it back please ..?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. FWIW The front panel LED's and WiFi seem to work (I can connect
wirelessly but no DHCP or access the config etc).
Old April 2nd 08, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"T i m" wrote in message

: Hi All,
:
: Probably not strictly on topic but I have lost my VOIP
: lines. :-(
:
: The reason is my Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7140 seems to have
: stopped picking up DHCP from my cable modem (VM, CM ok
: with PC directly).

Can't you assign a fixed IP..? I've never tried using a Fritz with another
modem (using ADSL over BT here) so can't really comment further on that.

: I tried all the usual (soft reset, power cycle, factory
: default) but now I can't even get back into it? ;-(
:
: I think I may have noticed some strange things when I
: first connected to it tonight (that could of been party
: to why it stopped working after all this time) in that it
: said the ip address for the box was 192.168.178.1 when I
: was talking to it (initially) on 192.168.0.100 (and how
: it's been since the beginning).
:
: I'm now trying to get to it on 192.168.178.254 but again,
: nowt. :-(

I thought that was the backup default address which should work if you
cock it up, but it seems it may not be..?!

: Any ideas before I send it back please ..?

Silly question, but have you asked AVM..? Sometimes the simplest option is
the best ;-)

Email Neil O'Hara at AVM support, he's usually pretty helpful -
or there's a form on the website, but I can't seem to raise
it at the moment, although it's responding to pings, very odd...

Ivor

Old April 2nd 08, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
T i m

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 22:06:48 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

: The reason is my Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7140 seems to have
: stopped picking up DHCP from my cable modem (VM, CM ok
: with PC directly).

Can't you assign a fixed IP..? I've never tried using a Fritz with another
modem (using ADSL over BT here) so can't really comment further on that.

I can't on either side as I can't get back in to configure it Ivor?

: I tried all the usual (soft reset, power cycle, factory
: default) but now I can't even get back into it? ;-(
:
: I think I may have noticed some strange things when I
: first connected to it tonight (that could of been party
: to why it stopped working after all this time) in that it
: said the ip address for the box was 192.168.178.1 when I
: was talking to it (initially) on 192.168.0.100 (and how
: it's been since the beginning).
:
: I'm now trying to get to it on 192.168.178.254 but again,
: nowt. :-(

I thought that was the backup default address which should work if you
cock it up, but it seems it may not be..?!

Well that's what I read also but maybe it only works under better
circumstances Ivor?

: Any ideas before I send it back please ..?

Silly question, but have you asked AVM..?

Not yet, I only noticed it this evening when I got in and have been
trying all the angles since then.

Sometimes the simplest option is
the best ;-)

Oh indeed, but I like to try all the options in case I've missed
something easy or as you say simple.

Email Neil O'Hara at AVM support, he's usually pretty helpful -
or there's a form on the website, but I can't seem to raise
it at the moment, although it's responding to pings, very odd...

I was looking on there for any utility software (in case that can find
the router, I had that with a Netgear bridge the other day ...) but it
was running VERY slow. I'll try again in a mo ..

All the best and thanks Ivor ..

T i m

Old April 3rd 08, 07:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
T i m

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 22:06:48 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

: Hi All,
:
: Probably not strictly on topic but I have lost my VOIP
: lines. :-(
:
: The reason is my Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7140 seems to have
: stopped picking up DHCP from my cable modem (VM, CM ok
: with PC directly).

I've just thought Ivor, is there a way of issuing a Factory Default
command via the telephone interface please?

When I puck up a phone plugged into the box it briefly gives me the
Fixed Line LED and the tone in the phone of three tones, two pauses?

All the best ..

T i m
Old April 3rd 08, 07:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
T i m

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:09:59 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 22:06:48 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
: Hi All,
:
: Probably not strictly on topic but I have lost my VOIP
: lines. :-(
:
: The reason is my Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7140 seems to have
: stopped picking up DHCP from my cable modem (VM, CM ok
: with PC directly).

I've just thought Ivor, is there a way of issuing a Factory Default
command via the telephone interface please?

(Bad form replying to yourself again but) Hold that thought!

As is often the way with such matters I RTFM but this time actually
taking notice of the telephone interface section (I'm not into / using
the VOIP bit much yet) and from the telephone issued the easy to
remember:

#991*15901590*

... and hey-presto, we are back in business! ;-)

I have no idea why the interface dropped out but I'm about to
re-configure it again using my saved settings (so I don't have to set
up the SIP stuff again) and we will go from there ..

All the best ..

T i m