Tiscale Modem/ Router ( Wireless)

Old April 3rd 08, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

Default Tiscale Modem/ Router ( Wireless)

Could anyone tell me which ADSL modem/Router ( Wireless) comes " Free" as
part of their package
Researching to replace A Stolen set up for a Non Techie friend
PS I am on cable and have never used ADSL
Have checked the Tiscali site and no joy
--

Yddap

Old April 3rd 08, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Yddap" wrote in message
. ..

Could anyone tell me which ADSL modem/Router ( Wireless) comes " Free" as
part of their package
Researching to replace A Stolen set up for a Non Techie friend
PS I am on cable and have never used ADSL
Have checked the Tiscali site and no joy

It's some sort of a Thomsom Speedtouch, but trust me.. DON'T GET
INVOLVED!!!! (in $hitscali) I cannot over emversize this point.

John.

Old April 4th 08, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"John" john wrote in message
news:[email protected]
"Yddap" wrote in message
. ..

Could anyone tell me which ADSL modem/Router ( Wireless) comes " Free" as
part of their package
Researching to replace A Stolen set up for a Non Techie friend
PS I am on cable and have never used ADSL
Have checked the Tiscali site and no joy

It's some sort of a Thomsom Speedtouch, but trust me.. DON'T GET
INVOLVED!!!! (in $hitscali) I cannot over emversize this point.
John.

It's not $hitscali, it's Toscali

Word is CPW talk talk is thinking of buying them out

God help us

Steve Terry

Old April 4th 08, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

It's not $hitscali, it's Toscali

Word is CPW talk talk is thinking of buying them out

God help us

Yes, God Help you.
Old April 4th 08, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Invisible Man

naza wrote:
It's not $hitscali, it's Toscali

Word is CPW talk talk is thinking of buying them out

God help us

Yes, God Help you.

I have dealt with both Tiscali and TalkTalk in the past.

At least I got a response when I wrote to Tiscali's chief exec and I
eventually got my line released.
TalkTalk and their debt collectors completely ignored correspondence
from me at all levels and kept on and on harassing me for a non-existent
debt.

Newnet are not the cheapest but at least I get something between 3.5Mb
and 6Mb whenever I am on line. So far as I am aware the connection has
never dropped although there was one occasion I could not get on-line
for about 20 minutes. Not bad in 17 months.
Old April 5th 08, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Yddap laid this down on his screen :
Could anyone tell me which ADSL modem/Router ( Wireless) comes " Free" as
part of their package
Researching to replace A Stolen set up for a Non Techie friend
PS I am on cable and have never used ADSL
Have checked the Tiscali site and no joy

We have just had a Siemens Gigaset SE587 wireless unit delivered this
morning from Tiscali, if that is any help.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old April 5th 08, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In k,
Harry Bloomfield opined loudly:
Yddap laid this down on his screen :
Could anyone tell me which ADSL modem/Router ( Wireless) comes "
Free" as part of their package
Researching to replace A Stolen set up for a Non Techie friend
PS I am on cable and have never used ADSL
Have checked the Tiscali site and no joy

We have just had a Siemens Gigaset SE587 wireless unit delivered this
morning from Tiscali, if that is any help.

Tks Harry 100 % more info than I had before
:-)
--

Yddap

Old April 5th 08, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

After serious thinking Yddap wrote :
In k,
Harry Bloomfield opined loudly:
Yddap laid this down on his screen :
Could anyone tell me which ADSL modem/Router ( Wireless) comes "
Free" as part of their package
Researching to replace A Stolen set up for a Non Techie friend
PS I am on cable and have never used ADSL
Have checked the Tiscali site and no joy

We have just had a Siemens Gigaset SE587 wireless unit delivered this
morning from Tiscali, if that is any help.

Tks Harry 100 % more info than I had before
:-)

There is no good reason to buy the same model, there are much better
ones. I have used a Netgear DG834G for a few years with Tiscali and it
continues to work well since we went from 1Mb to the 8Mb Max yesterday.
We simply got the free modem as a spare.

The Netgear has a built in hardware firewall.