Fritz!Box 7270 - ping Philippe

Old April 4th 08, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

Default Fritz!Box 7270 - ping Philippe

Just looking at the Fritz 7270 which is available in Germany and a few other
(annex B) countries. I know it is annex B and therefore cannot be used for
DSL in UK, but just wondering if it is otherwise suitable for use in the UK.
It looks really good as it has inbuilt DECT and answerphone, fax
capabilities, and media server if you hang a hard drive on it. Oh and I
forgot VPN (not sure if client or server) which I wanted to start to make
use of.

I notice a Danish one on Ebay at the moment. Even more on ebay.de although
these look like they might be locked to the German ISP 1&1

Anybody know anything about this? I can deal with the German interface OK,
especially with all those features. I even saw one site claiming you could
reflash to Annex A, although I find this hard to believe.

Old April 5th 08, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Herman" wrote in message
[...]

* Yes, the 7270 is suitable for use in the UK, if you can install behind a
ADSL modem - or for Cable internet
* VPN is server. With the VPN client software on remote PC's you connect on
your home network
* German boxes are not locked for 1&1, but "branded" (means a settings are
pre-configured. However, yoy can "easily" chnage the branding back to "AVM"
to ge the full list of options
* German boxes can be reflased to Annex A, but tricky operations, and no
support form AVM (guatantee void)

Philippe

Old April 5th 08, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Philippe Deleye" wrote in message
"Herman" wrote in message
[...]

Cheers Philippe, somehow knew you'd know!