Belkin Vision Router with D-Link DSL-320T

Old April 6th 08, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
A.N. Onymous Esq

Default Belkin Vision Router with D-Link DSL-320T

I am trying to get a Belkin Vision Router to connect to the Internet via a
D-Link DSL 320T ADSL modem. My ISP is Zen. Anyone any suggestions as to
if/how this can be achieved. No matter what settings I try the Belkin will
not connect to the internet!

Old April 6th 08, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In uk.telecom.broadband, on Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:16:17, A.N. Onymous Esq
wrote:

I am trying to get a Belkin Vision Router to connect to the Internet
via a D-Link DSL 320T ADSL modem. My ISP is Zen. Anyone any suggestions
as to if/how this can be achieved. No matter what settings I try the
Belkin will not connect to the internet!

Leave the router out of the equation for the moment - have you got the
D-Link to work by setting it up with your Zen user/pass combo? If that
works then just adding the router should work with the default 'DHCP'
settings.

--
Jim Crowther
Old April 7th 08, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

I am trying to get a Belkin Vision Router to connect to the Internet
via a D-Link DSL 320T ADSL modem. My ISP is Zen. Anyone any suggestions
as to if/how this can be achieved. No matter what settings I try the
Belkin will not connect to the internet!

Leave the router out of the equation for the moment - have you got the
D-Link to work by setting it up with your Zen user/pass combo? If that
works then just adding the router should work with the default 'DHCP'
settings.

I use that same modem myself .I do have a D-Link router( D-I 624)
which is wireless but I havent used it in a couple of years . Even now
I don't need wireless as I have HomePlugs .

Is there actually any advantage in using the router .
Old April 7th 08, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

wrote:

I am trying to get a Belkin Vision Router to connect to the Internet
via a D-Link DSL 320T ADSL modem. My ISP is Zen. Anyone any suggestions
as to if/how this can be achieved. No matter what settings I try the
Belkin will not connect to the internet!

Leave the router out of the equation for the moment - have you got the
D-Link to work by setting it up with your Zen user/pass combo? If that
works then just adding the router should work with the default 'DHCP'
settings.

I use that same modem myself .I do have a D-Link router( D-I 624)
which is wireless but I havent used it in a couple of years . Even now
I don't need wireless as I have HomePlugs .

Is there actually any advantage in using the router .

That modem appears not to implement NAT nor to have a firewall - so the
addition of a router that does would seem wise for most home users.

--
Jim Crowther
Old April 7th 08, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
A.N. Onymous Esq

nvalid...
wrote:

I am trying to get a Belkin Vision Router to connect to the Internet via a
D-Link DSL 320T ADSL modem. My ISP is Zen. Anyone any suggestions as to
if/how this can be achieved. No matter what settings I try the Belkin will
not connect to the internet!

Leave the router out of the equation for the moment - have you got the
D-Link to work by setting it up with your Zen user/pass combo? If that
works then just adding the router should work with the default 'DHCP'
settings.

--
Jim Crowther

Yes I have got the modem connecting fine and if I connect a computer direct
to the modem I can connect to the internet. Connect the modem to the router
and the computer to the router and I cant connect to the internet

Old April 8th 08, 01:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In uk.telecom.broadband, on Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:45:44, A.N. Onymous Esq
wrote:

"Jim Crowther" wrote in
message nvalid...
Esq wrote:

I am trying to get a Belkin Vision Router to connect to the Internet
via a D-Link DSL 320T ADSL modem. My ISP is Zen. Anyone any
suggestions as to if/how this can be achieved. No matter what
settings I try the Belkin will not connect to the internet!

Leave the router out of the equation for the moment - have you got
the D-Link to work by setting it up with your Zen user/pass combo? If
that works then just adding the router should work with the default
'DHCP' settings.

Yes I have got the modem connecting fine and if I connect a computer
direct to the modem I can connect to the internet. Connect the modem to
the router and the computer to the router and I cant connect to the
internet

Then you need to make sure your router set-up is compatible with the
modem. If you don't know how to do this then may I suggest buying a new
ADSL modem/router and using that instead might be a better solution.

--
Jim Crowther