BT Business Hub - is the VOIP locked in to one service?

Old April 9th 08, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default BT Business Hub - is the VOIP locked in to one service?

I have recently installed ADSL on our business phone line and have the
BT provided "Business Hub" as the router, it's a 2Wire router.

I wasn't aiming to use the VOIP through this router as it's really
only a backup ADSL and our main ADSL connection is Enta and uses a
Speedtouch 716WL router.

However, I'm having problems getting the VOIP on the Speedtouch
working (see my other posting about this) and was wondering if I might
be able to set up the VOIP on the BT router to my existing VOIP
providers to help diagnose my problem(s).

Is the VOIP on the business hub locked on to a particular provider
and/or is it possible to unlock it?

--
Chris Green
Old April 9th 08, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
wrote:
I have recently installed ADSL on our business phone line and have the
BT provided "Business Hub" as the router, it's a 2Wire router.

I wasn't aiming to use the VOIP through this router as it's really
only a backup ADSL and our main ADSL connection is Enta and uses a
Speedtouch 716WL router.

However, I'm having problems getting the VOIP on the Speedtouch
working (see my other posting about this) and was wondering if I might
be able to set up the VOIP on the BT router to my existing VOIP
providers to help diagnose my problem(s).

Is the VOIP on the business hub locked on to a particular provider
and/or is it possible to unlock it?

I've hever had hands-on with one of these, but their "Home Hubs"
certianly block VoIP. (probably because it provides it's own VoIP) I
think it's at the router level though, so change the router and off you
go, or work out if you can get into their control panel and disable it.

Let us know what you find out...

Gordon
Old April 10th 08, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Turandot

wrote in message
I have recently installed ADSL on our business phone line and have the
BT provided "Business Hub" as the router, it's a 2Wire router.

I wasn't aiming to use the VOIP through this router as it's really
only a backup ADSL and our main ADSL connection is Enta and uses a
Speedtouch 716WL router.

However, I'm having problems getting the VOIP on the Speedtouch
working (see my other posting about this) and was wondering if I might
be able to set up the VOIP on the BT router to my existing VOIP
providers to help diagnose my problem(s).

Is the VOIP on the business hub locked on to a particular provider
and/or is it possible to unlock it?

--
Chris Green

The BT Business hub my friend had was locked to BT VOIP, you can change
username etc except the voip registration server address. I googled this
issue and found some versions of these hubs can be cracked but some were
unusable afterwards.

Turandot

Old April 10th 08, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Turandot wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Thanks all. If I was desparate I might consider trying to change it
but I've ordered some Siemens C475IP phones which bypass the need for
a VOIP router altogether so I don't need to do it now.

--
Chris Green