Virgin Media - Extend STM times

Old April 14th 08, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

Default Virgin Media - Extend STM times

Previous: 4pm to 9pm
Now: 11am to 9pm.
Old April 14th 08, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

Gonz T o p @ s e c r e t . c o m wrote:
Previous: 4pm to 9pm
Now: 11am to 9pm.

Really? In the link you quoted:

"Traffic management lasts for just one week and is only applied during peak
times (4pm till midnight). "

"Right now, the peak period for Application Management is Monday to Friday
4pm till 1am, and all day at the weekend."

Theo
Old April 14th 08, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geo

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:40:29 +0100, "Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote:

Previous: 4pm to 9pm
Now: 11am to 9pm.

Nope - 10am to 9pm:-

10am - 3pm Download
Size M: 900Mb
Size L: 2400Mb
Size XL: 6000Mb

4pm - 9pm Download
Size M: 450Mb
Size L:1200Mb
Size XL: 3000Mb

3pm - 8pm Upload
Size M: 200Mb
Size L: 700Mb
Size XL: 1400Mb

Geo
Old April 14th 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message
Previous: 4pm to 9pm
Now: 11am to 9pm.

I knew when I was on Cable the Speed was being reduced during the day and I
was pretty certain it was STM so no new news to me to be honest...

Another way of ducking out of "Upgrading" the Network!!!

Old April 14th 08, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:52:37 +0100, "MeGgAhUrTz"
wrote:

"Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message
Previous: 4pm to 9pm
Now: 11am to 9pm.

I knew when I was on Cable the Speed was being reduced during the day and I
was pretty certain it was STM so no new news to me to be honest...

But when I think of all the inconvenience every householders had to
put with when the cables where first laid, paving slabs not replaced
how they where found , noise ,workmen putting cups on peoples window
sills you name it only for this shower of illegitimates to come along
and turn cable Internet into something not worth having .
Another way of ducking out of "Upgrading" the Network!!!

That shower of scum in VM management will never upgrade the network
not while fools carry on shelling out their wages month after month
for nothing in return .
Old April 14th 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheMongKey

"Geo" wrote:

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:40:29 +0100, "Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m

wrote:

Previous: 4pm to 9pm
Now: 11am to 9pm.

Nope - 10am to 9pm:-

How long before it's 10am to 9am?

Virgin Media have moved the goalposts so many times recently they've
practically changed ends.

TMK

Old April 14th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"TheMongKey" wrote in message

How long before it's 10am to 9am?

Virgin Media have moved the goalposts so many times recently they've
practically changed ends.

TMK

Maybe the VM Fanboys can explain as they seem to of gone quiet recently ;0)

Mark and Carl seem to be on a desert island together LOL...

Old April 14th 08, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:44:43 +0100, "MeGgAhUrTz"
wrote:

"TheMongKey" wrote in message

How long before it's 10am to 9am?

Virgin Media have moved the goalposts so many times recently they've
practically changed ends.

TMK

Maybe the VM Fanboys can explain as they seem to of gone quiet recently ;0)

Mark and Carl seem to be on a desert island together LOL...

And where is Brown and Butler have they left the company or something
..
Old April 15th 08, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

Geo wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:40:29 +0100, "Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote:

Previous: 4pm to 9pm
Now: 11am to 9pm.

Nope - 10am to 9pm:-

Note that this is a TRIAL in a few selected areas.

Not surprising that Gonz got it wrong in the first place tho, given that
he spits blood at the sight of VM and loves nothing more than spreading
FUD about that and any other ISP that kicked him out.
Old April 15th 08, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

wrote:

Previous: 4pm to 9pm
Now: 11am to 9pm.

Nope - 10am to 9pm:-

Note that this is a TRIAL in a few selected areas.

Snip

Here comes the Calvary ;0)