o2 BB very unstable , any others ?

Old April 14th 08, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default o2 BB very unstable , any others ?

its up and down like a whores drawers ,one minute i get 7megs and then
its down to 100k or less ,no hardwares changes or outside factors to
change it .
its dire

Old April 14th 08, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Old April 14th 08, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jones

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:37:07 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

its up and down like a whores drawers

I'm reliably informed that they do not wear drawers!
But I may be mis-informed. I don't think so.
Old April 15th 08, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

You must be one fo the few to actually get o2 broadband! I was going
to sign up when they released it in my area because of the price and
the fact they have a 24hr helpline so interested to hear what others
think. No date for release as yet for my postcode..

Check what speed you should potentially be able to receive on www.samknows.com.

Are you using a wireless router? Have you checked for interferance and
noise?
Old April 15th 08, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Far

Assuming you're using the router they provided, have you asked for the
firmware upgrade? The firmware ending in .1 is notoriously unreliable and
leads to lots of disconnects plus slow sync speed. The firmware ending in .2
is far more stable.

---
Far

Old April 16th 08, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

wrote in message
its up and down like a whores drawers ,one minute i get 7megs and then
its down to 100k or less ,no hardwares changes or outside factors to
change it .
its dire

Have a read here
http://www.beforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8152

Old April 18th 08, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 16 Apr, 19:20, "Nicola Redwood" nicolaexternal-
wrote:
wrote in message

its up and down like a whores drawers ,one minute i get 7megs and then
its down to 100k or less ,no hardwares changes or outside factors to
change it .
its dire

Have a read herehttp://www.beforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8152

o2 are blaming BT for wiring it up wrong at the exchange , i can olny
use BB when i am on the phone to someone which makes it awkward
Old April 19th 08, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

wrote:
wrote in message

its up and down like a whores drawers ,one minute i get 7megs and then
its down to 100k or less ,no hardwares changes or outside factors to
change it .
its dire

Have a read herehttp://www.beforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8152

o2 are blaming BT for wiring it up wrong at the exchange , i can olny
use BB when i am on the phone to someone which makes it awkward

Tried changing the microfilter?

If it is wiring at the exchange, then the fault lies firmly at BT's feet and
you should ask O2 to log the fault with BT to get an engineer to sort it