Internet is stunningly slow.

Old April 16th 08, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Default Internet is stunningly slow.

For some reason today I can barely get over 512K download speeds - clara
net, ADSL max synched at 3800 kbps, BRAS is 3500.

Is anyone else seeing heavy congestion? On other ISPS?

Old April 16th 08, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
For some reason today I can barely get over 512K download speeds -
clara net, ADSL max synched at 3800 kbps, BRAS is 3500.

Is anyone else seeing heavy congestion? On other ISPS?

speedtest.net giving me 6781 from my 7150 profile, 730-760kbs downloading
the office 2007 compatability pack, so i guess its your end, or clara.
btw, my isp entanet

Old April 16th 08, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

For some reason today I can barely get over 512K download speeds - clara
net, ADSL max synched at 3800 kbps, BRAS is 3500.

Is anyone else seeing heavy congestion? On other ISPS?

6.3 Mbps here using Idnet and .....
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Graham

Old April 16th 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

Eeyore wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

For some reason today I can barely get over 512K download speeds - clara
net, ADSL max synched at 3800 kbps, BRAS is 3500.

Is anyone else seeing heavy congestion? On other ISPS?

6.3 Mbps here using Idnet and .....
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Graham

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/res...9203&v=4096933

http://www.speedtest.net/result/260176911.png

Fine here!

xCx
Old April 16th 08, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

xCx wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

For some reason today I can barely get over 512K download speeds - clara
net, ADSL max synched at 3800 kbps, BRAS is 3500.

Is anyone else seeing heavy congestion? On other ISPS?

6.3 Mbps here using Idnet and .....
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Graham

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/res...9203&v=4096933

http://www.speedtest.net/result/260176911.png

Fine here!

xCx

Ok. I'll log a support thingy with Claranet.