Internet Traffic Management

Old April 18th 08, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Internet Traffic Management

In the UK many net firms manage traffic at peak times in a bid to ensure that everyone gets the highest broadband speed possible.

Best laugh I've had all day (sic)

Highest speeds possible, are they joking ?

My Virgin Media ADSL service is now the very worst it has ever been
during the evenings.

Can't even get 50Kbps most evenings.

After midnight and in the mornings it's fine back up to 6Mbps.

They must turn the taps off at 4pm, or down to a trickle at the very
least.

It's very very disappointing indeed.

I see that Virgin Meda ADSL service is now rated as one of the very
worst of all ISP's

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

I ought to log my poor experience and ask for a refund I guess.

Of perhaps they'd actually like to charge me for the actual amount of
data that I have downloaded ?

Like paying for an 'all your can eat' but nothing on the menu and no
food in the restaraunt.

Looks like I'm going to have to move soon, it's getting ridiculous.

Jim.