Connecting a telecom surge protector *after* a ADSL filter BT Faceplate (Long!)

Old April 20th 08, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matthew Long

Default Connecting a telecom surge protector *after* a ADSL filter BT Faceplate (Long!)

Hiya. I have a Masterplug surge protection with telecom protection. It has
two inputs - Which are a stantard BT socket, and an RJ11 socket. It then has
underneath these sockets, an output side, with the BT, and RJ11 sockets.
It's supplied with a cable with a standard BT plug one end, and a RJ11 the
other end. I currently have the supplied cable plugged into my BT master
socket, and then plugged into the RJ11 socket on the surge protector. My
ADSL filter is plugged into the output side using the standard BT socket.

It would seem that these BT sockets and RJ11 sockets crossover, but I'm
fitting an adsl filter faceplate to our main BT socket, so the filter will
now be before the surge protector. So I will have an RJ11 to RJ11 cable from
face plate to input side of surge protector, and also a standard BT cable to
BT, from faceplate to surge protector. Then on the output side, RJ11 to adsl
Router, and BT Socket to BT phone.

As my current setup proves that all four sockets are connected together
because it's going in via RJ11, but crossing over and coming out via BT
socket, will the filtered adsl / voice cablescoming from the faceplate
interfere with each other when they're plugged into this surge protector?

Sorry for long post!

Cheers,
Matthew Long

Old April 21st 08, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Matthew Long" wrote in message ...
[...]

My advice is not to bother with additional surge protection on
the telephone line. If your line does get struck by lightening
you will have one *less* item that will need replacing.
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%