Telnet on Vista

Old April 22nd 08, 09:20 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mortimer

Default Telnet on Vista

A really stupid question: is there a telnet program or Windows equivalent on
Vista - as used when investigating email problems and you need to telnet to
the POP and/or SMTP servers? I couldn't find one from the Command Prompt and
a Find on hypertrm* didn't find anything either.

Old April 22nd 08, 12:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
LR

Mortimer wrote:
A really stupid question: is there a telnet program or Windows equivalent on
Vista - as used when investigating email problems and you need to telnet to
the POP and/or SMTP servers? I couldn't find one from the Command Prompt and
a Find on hypertrm* didn't find anything either.

Control PanelPrograms and features
select "Turn Windows features on or off" from menu(LHS Sidebar)
Tick the box for "Telnet Client" or "Telnet Server"
Old April 24th 08, 10:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan P

Mortimer formulated on Tuesday :
A really stupid question: is there a telnet program or Windows equivalent on
Vista - as used when investigating email problems and you need to telnet to
the POP and/or SMTP servers? I couldn't find one from the Command Prompt and
a Find on hypertrm* didn't find anything either.

You can gain access to your pop3 mailserver from any PC via the
following site :-

www.mail2web.com

It's much quicker than going through the telnet login dialogue.
You'll be able to remotely delete mail on the server from mail2web.

Alan P