Virgin Media LOONIES ! What planet are they living on ?

Old April 23rd 08, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Default Virgin Media LOONIES ! What planet are they living on ?

Received in the post today.

Dear Mr Xxxxxxx.

We have a few things to tell you about your Virgin media services, so we
thought we'd drop you a line.

The first is all about the cost of services. From 1st June your services
will cost 1.50 a month more.*

Errr.... right and the UK 24/7 call plan is 7.45 vs BT's 4.95 ? PLUS
they want 5 pcm for non DD payment vs BT's 1.50 (still scandalous).

So, VM = 11.00 + 1.50 increase + 7.45 Talk Unlimited + 5 non-DD
surcharge = 24.95 pcm

BT = 11.00 + 4.95 UK Anytime + 1.50 non-DD surcharge = 17.45

Why would anyone choose VM ?

Graham

Old April 23rd 08, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Eeyore wrote:

Why would anyone choose VM ?

Oh - I nearly forgot ....

Daytime rates to UK numbers ... "will change from 3.25 pence per minute to 4
pence per minute."

Graham

Old April 23rd 08, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Clark

In article ,
Eeyore writes:

Eeyore wrote:

Why would anyone choose VM ?

Oh - I nearly forgot ....

Daytime rates to UK numbers ... "will change from 3.25 pence per minute to 4
pence per minute."

Graham

You forget the best bit in the letter, the sentence before where they
describe that increase, "There will also be a small increase to the
daytime rate for calls...". It's an increase of 23%.

Perhaps some Virgin Media employees should try it on their bosses: "I
wonder if I could have a small increase in my pay ..... about 23%. What
do you mean it's not small? Trevor Elliott, Virgin Media's MD of
Customer Services states that it is!"

--
Tim Clark
Old April 24th 08, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:29:08 GMT, "Tim Clark"
wrote:

In article ,
Eeyore writes:

Eeyore wrote:

Why would anyone choose VM ?

Oh - I nearly forgot ....

Daytime rates to UK numbers ... "will change from 3.25 pence per minute to 4
pence per minute."

Graham

You forget the best bit in the letter, the sentence before where they
describe that increase, "There will also be a small increase to the
daytime rate for calls...". It's an increase of 23%.

Perhaps some Virgin Media employees should try it on their bosses: "I
wonder if I could have a small increase in my pay ..... about 23%. What
do you mean it's not small? Trevor Elliott, Virgin Media's MD of
Customer Services states that it is!"

Bunch of ******s. Notice how that little weasel **** Branson crawled
away from the responsibility and still come up smelling of roses.
Ponce!

I'd say anything with VIRGIN in the name needs boycotting unless it's
an 18year old female.

Old April 24th 08, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Old Codger" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:29:08 GMT, "Tim Clark"
wrote:

In article ,
Eeyore writes:

Eeyore wrote:

[...]

Wrong maybe?

Virgin broadband is generally one of the better and more reliable
suppliers - as someone else said on another NG "that is the one thing
that they actually do quite well."

You can have broadband by cable without having the TV or phone
packages - I do.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old April 24th 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:56:20 GMT, "Woody" wrote:

"Old Codger" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:29:08 GMT, "Tim Clark"
wrote:

In article ,
Eeyore writes:

Eeyore wrote:

[...]

You thank your lucky stars you don't need any customer service from
the ponces, when you do you'll know what hell is like.

Old April 24th 08, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Woody wrote:

Virgin broadband is generally one of the better and more reliable
suppliers - as someone else said on another NG "that is the one thing
that they actually do quite well."

How on earth do you get that idea ? I tried their 4 Mbps offering which
would do that speed off peak - dropping to 500kbps at peak times !

It's absolutely rubbish albeit maybe fractionally better than some of the
other bottom-feeder ISPs.

Graham

Old April 24th 08, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Woody wrote
on Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:56:20 GMT in message
:

"Old Codger" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:29:08 GMT, "Tim Clark"
wrote:

In article ,
Eeyore writes:

Eeyore wrote:

[...]

At one time, yes.

You can have broadband by cable without having the TV or phone
packages - I do.

--
Preston, Wigan, Blackpool, Camden, Dalston,
Enfield and Haringey Virgin Media Broadband users
Old April 24th 08, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Leuty

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

Why would anyone choose VM ?

Well, BT normally charge 125 to install/connect a phone line which
might well put off existing long-time cable customers.

However, until the end of June they've cut the price to just 30* which
makes things a little more interesting.

*If you sign up for one of their call packages for 18 months - see
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/p...8_boo/SNL21-08.
pdf
Old April 25th 08, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Chris Leuty wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Why would anyone choose VM ?

Well, BT normally charge 125 to install/connect a phone line which
might well put off existing long-time cable customers.

However, until the end of June they've cut the price to just 30* which
makes things a little more interesting.

*If you sign up for one of their call packages for 18 months - see
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/p...8_boo/SNL21-08.
pdf

It certainly does make it more interesting.

Graham