Soundbridge radio not networking with PC

Old April 26th 08, 05:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steven Campbell

Default Soundbridge radio not networking with PC

My mate emailed me this query and so far I've been unable to help him.
Anyone able to offer some help?

Cheers

Steven.

Got a Pinnacle Soundbridge as Xmas present and have set up wireless network
around house which works quite well will PS3.

Problem is that the Soundbridge will pick up the boys computer and I can
play all the files on it, (both desktops are wired to the router (using a
D-link DSL-G624T) the Soundbridge scans well and even picks up other
networks in the building but will only sense my desktop music server when I
use a USB wireless adapter connected to the desktop,(seems to defeat the
idea of a wireless network as this is connected to a wireless router
anyway!)the boys Pc is sensed by the Soundbridge always and without a USB
adapter.

Have compared both configurations,changed firewall settings on my Pc and the
routers,checked all the WMP settings and forums. Have asked Pinnacle and
D-link help centres,both tell me it's the opposite problem.Do you have any
suggestions as just about giving up. The Soundbridge internet radio works
well on it's own off the router so have assumed has a clear connection to
this at all times and router is not problem.