Can I get 24Mb ADSL2+ or not?

Old April 28th 08, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doughboy

Default Can I get 24Mb ADSL2+ or not?

I'm a bit confused because if I enter a neighbour's phone number into
Be's website (I don't have an active BT line at the moment), it offers
me all 3 Packages.

I just became aware of this site http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
which says this about my local exchange:

"BT are currently upgrading each exchange to be able to offer WBC
which will also bring ADSL2+ speeds of up to 24Mbps."

with an estimated go live date of 18th August 2008.

So will I only be able to get 8Mb max?

Doughboy
Old April 28th 08, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Section 31T

"Doughboy" wrote in message
I'm a bit confused because if I enter a neighbour's phone number into
Be's website (I don't have an active BT line at the moment), it offers
me all 3 Packages.

I just became aware of this site http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
which says this about my local exchange:

"BT are currently upgrading each exchange to be able to offer WBC
which will also bring ADSL2+ speeds of up to 24Mbps."

with an estimated go live date of 18th August 2008.

So will I only be able to get 8Mb max?

This site is much beeter then the Plus.net one..
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

Old April 28th 08, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Doughboy" wrote in message
I'm a bit confused because if I enter a neighbour's phone number into
Be's website (I don't have an active BT line at the moment), it offers
me all 3 Packages.

I just became aware of this site http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
which says this about my local exchange:

"BT are currently upgrading each exchange to be able to offer WBC
which will also bring ADSL2+ speeds of up to 24Mbps."

with an estimated go live date of 18th August 2008.

So will I only be able to get 8Mb max?

AIUI Be don't use BT equipment so all that matters is whether Be have
equipment in your exchange.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.

Old April 28th 08, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doughboy

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:24:00 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
wrote:

"Doughboy" wrote in message
.. .
I'm a bit confused because if I enter a neighbour's phone number into
Be's website (I don't have an active BT line at the moment), it offers
me all 3 Packages.

I just became aware of this site http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
which says this about my local exchange:

"BT are currently upgrading each exchange to be able to offer WBC
which will also bring ADSL2+ speeds of up to 24Mbps."

with an estimated go live date of 18th August 2008.

So will I only be able to get 8Mb max?

AIUI Be don't use BT equipment so all that matters is whether Be have
equipment in your exchange.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

Doughboy
Old April 28th 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doughboy

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:08:58 +0100, "Section 31T"
wrote:

"Doughboy" wrote in message
.. .
I'm a bit confused because if I enter a neighbour's phone number into
Be's website (I don't have an active BT line at the moment), it offers
me all 3 Packages.

I just became aware of this site http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
which says this about my local exchange:

"BT are currently upgrading each exchange to be able to offer WBC
which will also bring ADSL2+ speeds of up to 24Mbps."

with an estimated go live date of 18th August 2008.

So will I only be able to get 8Mb max?

This site is much beeter then the Plus.net one..
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

Thanks for that.

Doughboy