Best ISP for Static IP address and high usage?

Old April 29th 08, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike P

Default Best ISP for Static IP address and high usage?

I want an ISP that will give me a static IP address and won't mind how much
I download/upload. I do not mind paying 50-70 a month if that is what's
neccessary..

any recommendations?

Cheers

Mike P

Old April 29th 08, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Mike P wrote:
I want an ISP that will give me a static IP address and won't mind how much
I download/upload. I do not mind paying 50-70 a month if that is what's
neccessary..

any recommendations?

I actually think it's unrealistic to want/expect truly unlimited these
days, given the prices BT charge the wholesalers, however, what speed
do you want/can get?

Would you be happy with a 2Mb line @ 29.78 + VAT ?

Or an up to 8Mb unlimited line @ 142+VAT ...

Or an up to 8Mb line with a cap of 210GB peak/480GB off-peak for
68.08+VAT ?

Gordon
Old April 29th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

Mike P wrote:
I want an ISP that will give me a static IP address and won't mind
how much I download/upload. I do not mind paying 50-70 a month if
that is what's neccessary..

any recommendations?

Cheers

Mike P

idnet max premium, 69 + vat/month

Old April 29th 08, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Mike P wrote:

I want an ISP that will give me a static IP address and won't mind how much
I download/upload. I do not mind paying 50-70 a month if that is what's
neccessary..

any recommendations?

Genuinely unlimited is somewhat rare. Is 60GB enough ? 34.99
http://www.idnet.net/solutions/homesupermax.jsp

Graham

Old April 29th 08, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

tony h wrote:

Mike P wrote:
I want an ISP that will give me a static IP address and won't mind
how much I download/upload. I do not mind paying 50-70 a month if
that is what's neccessary..

any recommendations?

idnet max premium, 69 + vat/month

I missed that one because I was looking at home packages. Idnet are
excellent.

Graham

Old April 29th 08, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Mike P wrote:

I want an ISP that will give me a static IP address and won't mind how
much
I download/upload. I do not mind paying 50-70 a month if that is what's
neccessary..

any recommendations?

Genuinely unlimited is somewhat rare. Is 60GB enough ? 34.99
http://www.idnet.net/solutions/homesupermax.jsp

Graham

Extreme - Unlimited ADSL MAX

Like the Original ADSL service Extreme offers unlimited broadband at a fixed
monthly fee with no no usage limits and no port blocking.

Extreme ADSL provides download speeds up to 8Mb* and upload speeds of up to
448kb/s*.

Download Speed Upload Speed Monthly Price
512K 256K 23.50
1Mb 256K 29.99
2Mb 256K 35.24
Up to 8Mb Up to 448K 168.00

All prices include VAT.

http://www.ukfsn.org/home/internet/adsl/unlimited.html

Old April 29th 08, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woby Tide

On Apr 29, 4:56*pm, "Mike P" wrote:
I want an ISP that will give me a static IP address and won't mind how much
I download/upload. I do not mind paying 50-70 a month if that is what's
neccessary..

any recommendations?

Cheers

Mike P

Be* up to 24MB service for 22 max including static IP address(es),
unlimited upload and download, if your line can handle it can also opt
for 2MB upload capability compared to normal 1MB up/24 down service
Old April 30th 08, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike P

"Woby Tide" wrote in message
On Apr 29, 4:56 pm, "Mike P" wrote:
I want an ISP that will give me a static IP address and won't mind how
much
I download/upload. I do not mind paying 50-70 a month if that is what's
neccessary..

any recommendations?

Cheers

Mike P

Be* up to 24MB service for 22 max including static IP address(es),
unlimited upload and download, if your line can handle it can also opt
for 2MB upload capability compared to normal 1MB up/24 down service

Thanks for all the replies, that's given me plenty of info to go on. It's
for setting up a small service for my father and some of his friends who
spend a lot of time abroad for work. They like to listen/watch BBC/C4 and
ITV stuff online sometimes. There's only 8 of them, and they all have houses
here and pay TV licences, so I don't really see much wrong with setting up a
VPN and proxy for them to access it with..

Cheers
Mike P

Old April 30th 08, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:37:19 +0100, Mike P wrote:

I don't really see much wrong with setting up a VPN and proxy for them
to access it with..

Have you considered renting a server in data centre somewhere in the UK
to do it with? More efficient, but possibly not as cheap.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:01:07 up 66 days, 1:56, 3 users, load average: 0.07, 0.06, 0.05