Free email which allows my own .co.uk

Old April 30th 08, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

Default Free email which allows my own .co.uk

Hi,

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow me to
use this domain when I send emails. Since this is being done on the cheap,
is there a free email provider which will allow me to register my domain
with them and send emails with the appropriate domain in the 'from' and
'reply' fields?

I've tried gmail, but the outgoing emails appear as on behalf
of ', which is close to what I want, but not quite!

Cheers.

Old April 30th 08, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:00:38 +0100, "Trent SC"
wrote:

Hi,

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow me to
use this domain when I send emails. Since this is being done on the cheap,
is there a free email provider which will allow me to register my domain
with them and send emails with the appropriate domain in the 'from' and
'reply' fields?

I've tried gmail, but the outgoing emails appear as on behalf
of ', which is close to what I want, but not quite!

Cheers.

I think you may need to set up your own mail sever, but I could be
wrong.

--
Cheers

Peter
Old April 30th 08, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aa

Trent SC wrote:
Hi,

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow
me to use this domain when I send emails. Since this is being done
on the cheap, is there a free email provider which will allow me to
register my domain with them and send emails with the appropriate
domain in the 'from' and 'reply' fields?

I've tried gmail, but the outgoing emails appear as on
behalf of ', which is close to what I want, but not
quite!
Cheers.

GMX?
https://mail-eu.gmx.com/
--
aa

Old April 30th 08, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Trent SC wrote:

Hi,

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow me to
use this domain when I send emails.

What do you mean by "use this domain" exactly. All you need to do is to put your
domain in the mail headers.

Are you saying that they won't allow you to use their outgoing mail server
unless you identify yourself as ' for example.

Graham

Old April 30th 08, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 30/04/2008 in message [email protected] Trent
SC wrote:

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow me to
use this domain when I send emails. Since this is being done on the
cheap, is there a free email provider which will allow me to register my
domain with them and send emails with the appropriate domain in the 'from'
and 'reply' fields?

More and more ISPs are doing this as a spam prevention measure.

Can you connect directly to the mail server at your domain host using a
port other than port 25 (port 587 is often used as an alternative). You
will probably need to authenticate using user name/password.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
Old April 30th 08, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

Hi,

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow me to
use this domain when I send emails.

What do you mean by "use this domain" exactly. All you need to do is to
put your
domain in the mail headers.

When I try to put my .co.uk address in the 'reply' field, my ISP rejects the
email. I know that BT, for example, will aloow this as long as you register
your domain with them (they send out a verification email, which is fair
enough), but mine won't even allow this.

Are you saying that they won't allow you to use their outgoing mail server
unless you identify yourself as ' for example.

That's right.

Old April 30th 08, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow me to
use this domain when I send emails. Since this is being done on the
cheap, is there a free email provider which will allow me to register my
domain with them and send emails with the appropriate domain in the 'from'
and 'reply' fields?

More and more ISPs are doing this as a spam prevention measure.

Can you connect directly to the mail server at your domain host using a
port other than port 25 (port 587 is often used as an alternative). You
will probably need to authenticate using user name/password.

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, but when I tried that it failed.

Old April 30th 08, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor Rea

Trent SC wrote:
Hi,

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow me to
use this domain when I send emails. Since this is being done on the cheap,
is there a free email provider which will allow me to register my domain
with them and send emails with the appropriate domain in the 'from' and
'reply' fields?

I've tried gmail, but the outgoing emails appear as on behalf
of ', which is close to what I want, but not quite!

Cheers.

Google Apps

http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en...tions_spe.html

Old April 30th 08, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Toby

"Trent SC" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hi,

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow me to
use this domain when I send emails. Since this is being done on the
cheap, is there a free email provider which will allow me to register my
domain with them and send emails with the appropriate domain in the 'from'
and 'reply' fields?

I've tried gmail, but the outgoing emails appear as on
behalf of ', which is close to what I want, but not
quite!

Cheers.

Who have you bought your .co.uk domain through?

Old April 30th 08, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Trent SC wrote:
Hi,

I've registered my own .co.uk domain and my current ISP won't allow
me to use this domain when I send emails. Since this is being done
on the cheap, is there a free email provider which will allow me to
register my domain with them and send emails with the appropriate
domain in the 'from' and 'reply' fields?

I've tried gmail, but the outgoing emails appear as on
behalf of ', which is close to what I want, but not
quite!
Cheers.

I use 1&1 Instant Mail - not free but only 9.72 per year. I have a .co.uk
domain name registered with them as well but that's not necessary, you could
just sign up for email only if you have your domain name with someone else.

I use BT Internet as my ISP and use Outlook Express and I just have my
domain email set up as another account in there. *NB* Because I use both
POP3 and SMTP servers at 1&1, it is *not* necessary to verify with BT
Internet - it's only when the "From" field has a different address to the
"Reply" field that verification is necessary, ie, FROM

but REPLY-TO
, needs to be verified but when both FROM
and REPLY-TO are
then it's not needed.

John