Newsgroups via Tesco.net

Old May 3rd 08, 07:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Newsgroups via Tesco.net

For 24 hours now Tesco.net have not had their servers supplying me with NGs,
anyone else effected?
Tesco I guess do not have servers but use a subcontractor so other ISPs
might well be effected.
24 hours off seems a long time to fix.
Tesco web page says more news at 10-30am.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old May 3rd 08, 08:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tesco I guess do not have servers but use a subcontractor so other ISPs
might well be effected.

Run pathping to news.tesco.net, I assume that is what
they call it.
From here it resolves to
news.virginmedia.com 69.16.176.253
and is reachable.
if pathping doesn't get beyond tesco their connection
to virginmedia is fooked.
Old May 4th 08, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @nohere.net

On Sat, 3 May 2008 07:06:20 +0100, "David"
wrote:

For 24 hours now Tesco.net have not had their servers supplying me with NGs,
anyone else effected?
Tesco I guess do not have servers but use a subcontractor so other ISPs
might well be effected.
24 hours off seems a long time to fix.
Tesco web page says more news at 10-30am.

Hi David
I reckon it's more like 73 hours I've been having probs and now when I
go to update a newsgroup I'm getting something like 87000 new
messages, some of which are from 2006
This happens about every 6 months or so and is so maddening
I'm thinking of migrating
--
Martin

Old May 4th 08, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Martin @nohere.net" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Hi David
I reckon it's more like 73 hours I've been having probs and now when I
go to update a newsgroup I'm getting something like 87000 new
messages, some of which are from 2006
This happens about every 6 months or so and is so maddening
I'm thinking of migrating

Well I think this is the worst I've had from them.
But I just had to accept all the messages again due to using RESET, so that
bit not their fault.

I am leaving them when my present 12 month contact is up, and I've been with
Tesco for years now ever since they started Broadband and before that with
dial-up.
I'm with them for 1mb unlimited at 20. Could go to their 2mb unlimited at
25 but then another 12 month commitment. But others offer up to 8mb at
cheaper prices.

With the others it will be suck it and see with their Fair Usage policies.

Tesco seem to be behind all others in updating, maybe because with using
Virgin Media. Can VM do faster though that's a thought.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old May 4th 08, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @nohere.net

On Sun, 4 May 2008 17:25:08 +0100, "David"
wrote:
Well I think this is the worst I've had from them.
But I just had to accept all the messages again due to using RESET, so that
bit not their fault.

I am leaving them when my present 12 month contact is up, and I've been with
Tesco for years now ever since they started Broadband and before that with
dial-up.
I'm with them for 1mb unlimited at 20. Could go to their 2mb unlimited at
25 but then another 12 month commitment. But others offer up to 8mb at
cheaper prices.

With the others it will be suck it and see with their Fair Usage policies.

Tesco seem to be behind all others in updating, maybe because with using
Virgin Media. Can VM do faster though that's a thought.

I'm with them for 1mb unlimited at 17.97. My exchange (Whitehead) is
still in the last century, only capable of 512 (4 miles away)
- not going to be updated til 09/09, so I'm just waiting to see what
happens and who will be fit to supply. I fancy Sky
--
Martin