VM Q1 2008 results

Old May 8th 08, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl Waring

Default VM Q1 2008 results

http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...868&highlight=

Well, as predicted it's been a really terrible quarter for Virgin Media.

Oh... hang on......

*88,400 on-net broadband net additions (Q1-07: 87,900)
*29,000 on-net telephony net additions (Q1-07: 63,400 net disconnects)
*36,800 TV net additions (Q1-07: 36,100)

So, not that bad at all really. Yes, they're still in debt, etc., but it
certainly doesn't seem like anyone's "leaving by their millions" as quoted
by some people.

Oh, and churn is down to the lowest level (1.2%) since 2004.

Anyway... let all the nay-saying and doom-mongering commmence

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide:

Old May 8th 08, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Carl Waring wrote:
: Oh, and churn is down to the lowest level (1.2%) since 2004.

: Anyway... let all the nay-saying and doom-mongering commmence

Just what are these people paying though?? It seems that, on VM, most people
are getting ridiculously good "retention deals" if they threaten to leave.
Can't be good for revenue in the longer term!
Old May 8th 08, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl Waring

Brian McIlwrath wrote:
Carl Waring wrote:
Oh, and churn is down to the lowest level (1.2%) since 2004.

Anyway... let all the nay-saying and doom-mongering commmence

Just what are these people paying though?? It seems that, on VM, most
people are getting ridiculously good "retention deals" if they
threaten to leave. Can't be good for revenue in the longer term!

Good point. I actually disagree with such deals. I think everyone should pay
the same low price.

Old May 8th 08, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 8 May, 11:27, "Carl Waring" wrote:
Brian McIlwrath wrote:
Carl Waring wrote:
Oh, and churn is down to the lowest level (1.2%) since 2004.

Anyway... let all the nay-saying and doom-mongering commmence

I don't know where they get the figures from..

Anyway they'll be one more to add to that soon.

...and the people that I've just spoken too seem to indicate that I was
far from being in a minoroty asking for my MAC code.

Wonder how the next Q2 will look.

So long, farewell...

Jim.
Old May 8th 08, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Oh, and churn is down to the lowest level (1.2%) since 2004.

Carl reminds me of that episode of Fawlty Towers - Waldorf Salad-
where Basil gets everyone in recption makes some kind of speech full
of pomp and circumstance and then asks everyone one by one if they are
all satisfied with the service..and one by one all say that they are
until he gets to some guy who stands up for himself and says 'No ! I'm
not satisfied'...then one by one they all chime up with reasons why
they aren't satisfied too and they eventually all end up leaving with
the american guy. tee hee...

You never know..Q2 at VM - the 'churn' could turn into a 'Torrent' !

Jim.