Virgin ADSL cap limit is now just 80kbps !

Old May 8th 08, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Virgin ADSL cap limit is now just 80kbps !

Hi All,

OK, I've had rubbish speed all week so decided I'd call Virgin Media
and speak to someone about it.

He said that I'm on the 'Capped User' list for the whole of this week
as I had downloaded more than 5GB last week.

I told him that I was only getting around 70kbps during the evenings
and he didn't seem at all surprised by this as he said that the capped
limit was now set at just 80kbps between 4pm and midnight on the ADSL
platform.

...unbelievable.. I thought it was 500kbps ? ..he says not..

So my service is chopped to just 80kbps for a week between 4pm and
midnight for exceeding a paltry 5GB the previous week.

Just spoke to several other VM csr's seems that things aren't going to
change any time soon.

Bet you can't guess what I did next.. ; - )

Very sad and dissapointed, mind you I'll be away from the Phorm/
Webwise debacle..every cloud etc etc

Going to move to the service provider that we resell at work, 30GB per
day/300GB per month

Jim.
( Graham, I promise that I will do it this time ! )
Old May 8th 08, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 8 May 2008 04:07:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Very sad and dissapointed, mind you I'll be away from the Phorm/
Webwise debacle..every cloud etc etc

I just cannot think of any company other than VM that the word "
*******S" fits more accurately.

Old May 8th 08, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Jim.
( Graham, I promise that I will do it this time ! )

So who's it going to be ?

Graham- Hide quoted text -

Enta, like I said before we're a reseller for this, all the guys at
work are on it and so are most of our customers, that's who I spend
most of my time connected to, makes perfect sense.

So it's operation e-mail address changeover soon !

I'd be surprised if the lady at VM customer support doesn't resign
after I gave her my sob story :-)

Mind you it interesting to note how many of today's calls appeared to
be fielded by people who sounded like they were in the UK..scottish
most of them as I recall..

I've noticed this with banks and other call centres recently..has
there been a return to setting up call centres in the UK and
dispensing with the servcies of our overseas friends.

Wonder what's going on..

Jim.

Old May 8th 08, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I told him that I was only getting around 70kbps during the evenings
and he didn't seem at all surprised by this as he said that the
capped
limit was now set at just 80kbps between 4pm and midnight on the ADSL
platform.

It's a stonking 62kbps downstream tonight ! ....that's twice as fast
as last night

Upstream is 375kbps..fantastic...

I'll go to bed now, set my alarm clock and get up just after midnight
and then it'll be OK..

Fancy letting Virgin Media ruin...- sorry - run my life..

...sheesh...

Jim.