Connecting a beige G3 (OS9.2) wirelessly to the net

Old May 12th 08, 05:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
pfgpowell

Default Connecting a beige G3 (OS9.2) wirelessly to the net

I have three computers, a G4 Quicksilver, a beige G3 tower running
OS9.2, and a Dell running Windows (there are good reasons for having
all three, plus I keep the G3 because all my software is OS9.2 and I
don’t want to spend money getting the OSX versions for software I
rarely use). The G4 and the Dell connect to the internet wirelessly
using USB dongles, but the G3 is connected to to the router by an
ethernet cable. However, what with kids getting older etc, we are
reorganising the house and shifting everything around, and I want to
connect the G3 wirelessly, too. I’m sure that was already being done
back in the days of OS9.2 so can anyone suggest the necessary hardware
etc. I did once have a Wallstreet powerbook which used a Cisco card
with OS9.2 so I know it can be done. Direct email would be welcome.
Thanks, PP
Old May 12th 08, 06:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
LR

http://www.macwireless.com/html/products/wireless_cards/11g_11b_cards/11bPCI.php