Pipex Address: Post Office wont sent registered letter as they say the address is invalid!

Old May 12th 08, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Pipex Address: Post Office wont sent registered letter as they say the address is invalid!

I have tried to send a letter to Pipex regarding their failure to provide a
MAC code only for the Post Office to say that the address is invalid!
Apparently their is no Falcon Gate at AL7 1TW.

This address came off of Pipex's own website.

Pipex Internet Limited
4 Falcon Gate
Shire Park
Welwyn Garden City
AL7 1TW

Does anyone know the real one?

Thanks

Old May 12th 08, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
W opined loudly:
I have tried to send a letter to Pipex regarding their failure to
provide a MAC code only for the Post Office to say that the address
is invalid! Apparently their is no Falcon Gate at AL7 1TW.

This address came off of Pipex's own website.

Pipex Internet Limited
4 Falcon Gate
Shire Park
Welwyn Garden City
AL7 1TW

Does anyone know the real one?

Thanks

Try a Whosis

05/12/08 21:03:05 whois www.pipex.co.uk
..uk is a domain of United Kingdom
(international dialing code 44)
Searches for .uk can be run at
http://www.britain.eu.net/naming-co/whois-form.html

whois -h whois.nic.uk pipex.co.uk ...

Domain name:

pipex.co.uk

Registrant:

Pipex Internet Limited

Registrant type:

UK Limited Company, (Company number: 5306519)

Registrant's address:

IDT House

44 Featherstone Street

London

EC1Y 8RN

GB

Registrar:

Tiscali UK Ltd [Tag = TISCALI]

Relevant dates:

Registered on: before Aug-1996

Renewal date: 26-Apr-2010

Last updated: 10-Apr-2008

Registration status:

Renewal request being processed.

Name servers:

ns0.as9105.com

ns0.tiscali.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 21:03:14 12-May-2008

--

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central
registry

for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS a

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2008.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted

by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois,
which

includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its

repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing

or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume

limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the

register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

--

Yddap

Old May 12th 08, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
W opined loudly:
I have tried to send a letter to Pipex regarding their failure to
provide a MAC code only for the Post Office to say that the address
is invalid! Apparently their is no Falcon Gate at AL7 1TW.

This address came off of Pipex's own website.

Pipex Internet Limited
4 Falcon Gate
Shire Park
Welwyn Garden City
AL7 1TW

Does anyone know the real one?

Thanks

AL7 1YA
with the above address , obtained from BT.com
--

Yddap

Old May 12th 08, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan J. Wylie

"W" writes:

I have tried to send a letter to Pipex regarding their failure to provide a
MAC code only for the Post Office to say that the address is invalid!
Apparently their is no Falcon Gate at AL7 1TW.

This address came off of Pipex's own website.

Pipex Internet Limited
4 Falcon Gate
Shire Park
Welwyn Garden City
AL7 1TW

Does anyone know the real one?

Well, Companies House[1] says their registered office is

PIPEX NETWORKS LIMITED
20 BROADWICK STREET
LONDON
W1F 8HT

Which matches the text at the bottom of the home page of their web site:

Pipex Internet Limited, a Tiscali UK company, 20 Broadwick Street,
London W1F 8HT

The address you quote appears at least twice on their web site, once
on the Legal/Consumer Code of Practice page[2] and once on the
"contact us" page[3].

Google maps[4] shows a Falcon Way, but no Falcon Gate at that
postcode, and the Royal Mail Address Finder[5] shows several businesses,
none of which look as if they have anything to do with Pipex.

Falcon Gate[6] seems to be the name of a business park, and claim
Pipex as one of their tenants[7].

I'm surprised that your mail bounced - I'd have expected the Post Office
to have recognised what must be a very common mis-addressing.

I'd write to Ofcom[8], and I'm sure ThinkBroadband[9] and The
Register[10] would also be interested.

[1] http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/WebCHeck/fastrack/
[2] http://www.pipex.co.uk/legal/interne...f-practice.php
[3] http://www.pipex.co.uk/customer-feed...d-provider.php
[4] http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=AL7+1TW
[5] http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/addressfinder
[6] http://www.falcongate.co.uk/
[7] http://www.falcongate.co.uk/falcon_news20_08.pdf
[8] http://www.ofcom.org.uk/
[9] http://www.thinkbroadband.com/
[10] http://www.theregister.co.uk/

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
Old May 12th 08, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ZZzz

"W" wrote in message
I have tried to send a letter to Pipex regarding their failure to provide a
MAC code only for the Post Office to say that the address is invalid!
Apparently their is no Falcon Gate at AL7 1TW.

This address came off of Pipex's own website.

Pipex Internet Limited
4 Falcon Gate
Shire Park
Welwyn Garden City
AL7 1TW

Does anyone know the real one?

Thanks

Quite right there isn't, there is a Falcon Way tho....

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf

Old May 12th 08, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cork Soaker

: Pipex Internet Limited
: 4 Falcon Gate
: Shire Park
: Welwyn Garden City
: AL7 1TW
:
: Does anyone know the real one?
:
: Thanks
: Quite right there isn't, there is a Falcon Way tho....
:
:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf
:

Post Office staff are well-trained monkeys then?

Old May 13th 08, 12:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

"Cork Soaker" wrote in message

: Pipex Internet Limited
: 4 Falcon Gate
: Shire Park
: Welwyn Garden City
: AL7 1TW
:
: Does anyone know the real one?
:
: Thanks
: Quite right there isn't, there is a Falcon Way tho....
:
:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf
:

Post Office staff are well-trained monkeys then?

There are monkeys who would take offence at your post ;o)

Old May 13th 08, 02:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cork Soaker

: Post Office staff are well-trained monkeys then?
:
: There are monkeys who would take offence at your post ;o)
:

I apologise to all lower primates EXCEPT monkeys! Muahahahahaaaaaaaa.

Old May 13th 08, 05:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rex M F Smith

In message , W
writes
I have tried to send a letter to Pipex regarding their failure to provide a
MAC code only for the Post Office to say that the address is invalid!
Apparently their is no Falcon Gate at AL7 1TW.

This address came off of Pipex's own website.

Pipex Internet Limited
4 Falcon Gate
Shire Park
Welwyn Garden City
AL7 1TW

Does anyone know the real one?

Don't know *that* ... but you used the one on *THEIR* website
(you said, I checked :-) )

one for the regulator, I think ... that ... dishonest

the postcode belongs to "Falcon Way" on Shire Park

Royal Mail postcode engine doesn't seem to know any Pipex there
(or Tiscali) and number 4 *looks* like it might be a maildrop (several
entities, all seemingly unrelated)

The information commissioner has *this* one ...

TRIANGLE BUSINESS PARK
QUILTERS WAY
STOKE MANDEVILLE
AYLESBURY
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
HP22 5BL

http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/Do...sp?reg=3785474

Found a further discussion at
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg00319.html

Have a look at this one:
http://www.falcongate.co.uk/location.htm

The only *road* on the development, on their OWN map, is Falcon Way; the
whole development is Falcon Gate

Good luck!
--
Rex M F Smith
Old May 13th 08, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Invalid

In message , Cork Soaker
writes

: Pipex Internet Limited
: 4 Falcon Gate
: Shire Park
: Welwyn Garden City
: AL7 1TW
:
: Does anyone know the real one?
:
: Thanks
: Quite right there isn't, there is a Falcon Way tho....
:
:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...0&sv=AL7+1TW&s
t=2&pc=AL7+1TW&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch. srf
:

Post Office staff are well-trained monkeys then?

Why the gratuitous insult to the post office's staff.

Why SHOULD they agree to deliver (with a guarantee of arrival) a letter
to an address that doesn't apparently exist, and the use of which the
rest of this thread seem to think is potentially a subject for Ofcom.

I would have said it was the sender and recipients problem, not the post
office staff's job to correct wrongly addressed letters.
--
Peter R Cook