720 kbps on VM tonight ! Wahey I'm off the 'Capped Users' list

Old May 12th 08, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default 720 kbps on VM tonight ! Wahey I'm off the 'Capped Users' list

720 kbps on VM tonight ! Wahey I'm off the 'Capped Users' list..

...after a week on Speed Management at just 80 kbps, 720 kbps feels
like a breath of fresh air..

It's still absolute pants though isn't it..

Anyway they're the loser, they've lost a customer of fourteen years
standing.

Why did I get put on this so called 'Capped Users' list ?

Apparently we downloaded a shade over 5GB the week before..

Jim.

Old May 12th 08, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cork Soaker

:
: ..after a week on Speed Management at just 80 kbps, 720 kbps feels
: like a breath of fresh air..
:
: It's still absolute pants though isn't it..
:
: Anyway they're the loser, they've lost a customer of fourteen years
: standing.
:
: Why did I get put on this so called 'Capped Users' list ?
:
: Apparently we downloaded a shade over 5GB the week before..
:
: Jim.

I don't understand why there's a supposed government initiative to get
superfast broadband in Britain, when it's capped and crippled anyway.

Maybe it's the time of the "National Slowdown"?

Old May 13th 08, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

wrote in message
720 kbps on VM tonight ! Wahey I'm off the 'Capped Users' list..

..after a week on Speed Management at just 80 kbps, 720 kbps feels
like a breath of fresh air..

It's still absolute pants though isn't it..

Anyway they're the loser, they've lost a customer of fourteen years
standing.

Why did I get put on this so called 'Capped Users' list ?

Apparently we downloaded a shade over 5GB the week before..

Jim.

Hi Jim,

Just ditch them and move on, they are a waste of time......

Old May 13th 08, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi Jim,

Just ditch them and move on, they are a waste of time......- Hide quoted text -

Already have, got my MAC code, moving soon..

It's a bit like subscribing to an 'all you can eat' restaraunt..

...eating all you can eat..

....then being told you've eaten too much..and then being spoon fed one
pea each day for a week as punishment.

Ridiculous !

Jim.

Old May 13th 08, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

wrote in message
Hi Jim,
Just ditch them and move on, they are a waste of time......- Hide quoted
text -

Already have, got my MAC code, moving soon..
It's a bit like subscribing to an 'all you can eat' restaraunt..

..eating all you can eat..

...then being told you've eaten too much..and then being spoon fed one
pea each day for a week as punishment.
Ridiculous !
Jim.

Exactly, anyone who will let themselves be treated like a naughty child
by their ISP deserves all they get.

If I'd any incline before joining Virgin that they would throttle without
warning
i wouldn't have gone near them in the first place

Steve Terry

Old May 14th 08, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Exactly, anyone who will let themselves be treated like a naughty child
by their ISP deserves all they get.

If I'd any incline before joining Virgin that they would throttle without
warning
i wouldn't have gone near them in the first place

Steve Terry

We had twelve wonderful years...before it all went sour.. ;-)

I think the rot set in when the beardy man jumped ship..

Over the years I've got freebies from them for refferals..t-shirts,
caps etc etc..

Ho hum..moving day is Monday...can't wait..

Jim.