Create A LAN from a WAN

Old May 16th 08, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Flynn

Default Create A LAN from a WAN

Is it possible to create a LAN from a WAN. E.g my brother lives across the
road from me and has broadband from BT he has a wireless router and I can
access it from the front of my house but not the back of my house. My
question is, can I buy a device that I can put in the front of my house, put
in his WEP key and then hard wire from this device to create a LAN in my
house. I hope this makes sense and if so what is the best set up.

Old May 16th 08, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Peter Flynn" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a LAN from a WAN. E.g my brother lives across the
road from me and has broadband from BT he has a wireless router and I can
access it from the front of my house but not the back of my house. My
question is, can I buy a device that I can put in the front of my house,
put in his WEP key and then hard wire from this device to create a LAN in
my house. I hope this makes sense and if so what is the best set up.

Look for a wireless bridge. eg.
http://www.ebuyer.com/search/?qfind=wireless+bridge

Old May 16th 08, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Peter Flynn wrote:
Is it possible to create a LAN from a WAN. E.g my brother lives across the
road from me and has broadband from BT he has a wireless router and I can
access it from the front of my house but not the back of my house. My
question is, can I buy a device that I can put in the front of my house, put
in his WEP key and then hard wire from this device to create a LAN in my
house. I hope this makes sense and if so what is the best set up.

Yes, you cheapskate, you can.

Old May 16th 08, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Flynn

Peter Flynn wrote:
Is it possible to create a LAN from a WAN. E.g my brother lives across
the road from me and has broadband from BT he has a wireless router and I
can access it from the front of my house but not the back of my house. My
question is, can I buy a device that I can put in the front of my house,
put in his WEP key and then hard wire from this device to create a LAN in
my house. I hope this makes sense and if so what is the best set up.

Yes, you cheapskate, you can.

This is a typical reply that I expected from a F**king dick head. Is it a no
wonder that newsgroups are getting less and less popular with people opting
for subscribed forums instead because of stupid replies by wanke*s like you

Old May 16th 08, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 16 May 2008 17:35:37 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Peter Flynn wrote:
Is it possible to create a LAN from a WAN. E.g my brother lives across the
road from me and has broadband from BT he has a wireless router and I can
access it from the front of my house but not the back of my house. My
question is, can I buy a device that I can put in the front of my house, put
in his WEP key and then hard wire from this device to create a LAN in my
house. I hope this makes sense and if so what is the best set up.

Yes, you cheapskate, you can.

Is there really any need for this sort of reply to a genuine question
one is compelled to be a cheapskate to survive in this country to day
in the present economic climate which has been created by this totally
useless government that couldn't run a booze up in a brewery .
If I can get something legally without having to spend money that I
would also .
Old May 16th 08, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Peter Flynn wrote:
Peter Flynn wrote:
Is it possible to create a LAN from a WAN. E.g my brother lives across
the road from me and has broadband from BT he has a wireless router and I
can access it from the front of my house but not the back of my house. My
question is, can I buy a device that I can put in the front of my house,
put in his WEP key and then hard wire from this device to create a LAN in
my house. I hope this makes sense and if so what is the best set up.

Yes, you cheapskate, you can.

This is a typical reply that I expected from a F**king dick head. Is it a no
wonder that newsgroups are getting less and less popular with people opting
for subscribed forums instead because of stupid replies by wanke*s like you

SH failure?

Yes,you can.

No, it won;t be brilliant a s bandwidth will tend to be restricted, and
the cost of the gear and installation will probably be as much as a
years broadband subscription.

Old May 17th 08, 07:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon Parker

In article ,
says...
Is it a no wonder that newsgroups are getting less and less popular

Got a source for that rather massive peice of guesswork?
--
Regards
Jon