Broadband Suppliers

Old May 17th 08, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BJH

Default Broadband Suppliers

Hi

We have a 0.5meg fixed service currently supplied by BT.

We now need a fixed IP address. We could pay BT extra for the priviledge on
our existing service or we could 'upgrade' to ADSLMax and go with a supplier
that offers a fixed IP as part of the package.

Speed is not an issue but the increase in upload speed would be a bonus. Our
stats indicate that we would probably get 1meg d/l.

Where can I find out who is the best rated ISP?

--
Regards
Barry
Old May 17th 08, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"BJH" wrote in message
Hi

We have a 0.5meg fixed service currently supplied by BT.

We now need a fixed IP address. We could pay BT extra for the priviledge
on
our existing service or we could 'upgrade' to ADSLMax and go with a
supplier
that offers a fixed IP as part of the package.

Speed is not an issue but the increase in upload speed would be a bonus.
Our
stats indicate that we would probably get 1meg d/l.

Where can I find out who is the best rated ISP?

--
Regards
Barry

www.thinkbroadband.com
Will get you started

George

Old May 17th 08, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Where can I find out who is the best rated ISP?

Idnet takes some beating.

Zen and IDnet are strong contenders, I had an email
to say that from the end of the month Zen will match
IDnet's 5GB limit for their basic Zen Lite package.
I chose Zen because they have a news server, and
they gave me a fixed IP address.
Their customers service is good and UK based.
Old May 17th 08, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
wrote:

Where can I find out who is the best rated ISP?

Idnet takes some beating.

Zen and IDnet are strong contenders, I had an email
to say that from the end of the month Zen will match
IDnet's 5GB limit for their basic Zen Lite package.
I chose Zen because they have a news server, and
they gave me a fixed IP address.
Their customers service is good and UK based.

You may also want to look at any Entanet reseller - eg adsl24, ukfsn
(me, but I'm not really in the residential market), etc.

Use the Sam Knows site - www.samknows.com to give yourself an idea of
the speed you'll likely to achieve given your phone number and postcode.

Gordon

Old May 18th 08, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

On Sat, 17 May 2008 12:03:53 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Where can I find out who is the best rated ISP?

Idnet takes some beating.

Zen and IDnet are strong contenders, I had an email
to say that from the end of the month Zen will match
IDnet's 5GB limit for their basic Zen Lite package.
I chose Zen because they have a news server, and
they gave me a fixed IP address.
Their customers service is good and UK based.

You may also want to look at any Entanet reseller - eg adsl24, ukfsn
(me, but I'm not really in the residential market), etc.

Use the Sam Knows site - www.samknows.com to give yourself an idea of
the speed you'll likely to achieve given your phone number and postcode.

Gordon

Entanet are very good here in Bicknacre Chelmsford.