Yee-Haa ! 6mbps at 7:35pm ...in the evening...Farewell Virgin Media!

Old May 19th 08, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Yee-Haa ! 6mbps at 7:35pm ...in the evening...Farewell Virgin Media!

Yee-Haa ! 6mbps at 7:35pm ...in the
evening...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all giddy with the excitement !

Seems that I got myself back on the VM 'Capped Users' list again...
80kbps...

I downloaded a massive 4GB in one whole week..shame on me...

OK folks, let's reconfigure the login on the router to the new ISP....

.....turn the router off and back on again...

Tada ! 6mbps in the evening, now that's more like it !

So...what's all this iPlayer monkey business, might check that out now
that I stand some chance of downloading something in minutes rather
than days..

Thank god I finally did it..

So long Virgin Media !

I won't be missing you !

Jim.
Old May 19th 08, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
code_wrong

wrote in message
Yee-Haa ! 6mbps at 7:35pm ...in the
evening...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all giddy with the excitement !

Seems that I got myself back on the VM 'Capped Users' list again...
80kbps...

I downloaded a massive 4GB in one whole week..shame on me...

OK folks, let's reconfigure the login on the router to the new ISP....

....turn the router off and back on again...

Tada ! 6mbps in the evening, now that's more like it !

So...what's all this iPlayer monkey business, might check that out now
that I stand some chance of downloading something in minutes rather
than days..

Thank god I finally did it..

So long Virgin Media !

I won't be missing you !

who is your new ISP?

Old May 20th 08, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

who is your new ISP?- Hide quoted text -

Entanet reseller..

Jim.

Old May 26th 08, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 20 May, 21:44, wrote:
who is your new ISP?- Hide quoted text -

Entanet reseller..

Jim.

6mbps on a Sunday afternoon !....marvellous stuff...

Have chalked up nearly 8GB usage in five days ! Can't imagine what
punishment you'd get for that at Virgin these days..life (at 80kbps )
probably.

The kids are back playing HALO across the net, they had to give this
up months ago on Virgin Media.
They are so pleased that I switched.

I even watched the Monaco GP on the net yesterday afternoon.

There's a lesson to be learnt here...if you are not getting what you
are paying for...vote with your feet !

Why I put up with them for so long god only knows...I guess it was the
e-mail address really..in the end it wasn't that painful changing that
either.

Jim.