Orange Livebox

Old May 20th 08, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trev

Default Orange Livebox

I'm thinking of switching to Orange and using their Livebox. Trouble
is it only has 2 ethernet ports and my current set up has 4... all of
which are in use. Is there any way round this?

thanks,
--

Trev (Milnrow, UK)
Old May 20th 08, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Trev wrote:
I'm thinking of switching to Orange and using their Livebox. Trouble
is it only has 2 ethernet ports and my current set up has 4... all of
which are in use. Is there any way round this?

thanks,

A 15 switch from ebuyer, this will do the job:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/35437

Gaz

Old May 21st 08, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon Parker

In article , [email protected]
man.co.uk says...
I'm thinking of switching to Orange and using their Livebox. Trouble
is it only has 2 ethernet ports and my current set up has 4... all of
which are in use. Is there any way round this?

A 4-port switch, circa 10.
--
Regards
Jon
Old May 22nd 08, 06:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

"Jon Parker" wrote in message
In article , [email protected]
man.co.uk says...
I'm thinking of switching to Orange and using their Livebox. Trouble
is it only has 2 ethernet ports and my current set up has 4... all of
which are in use. Is there any way round this?

A 4-port switch, circa 10.
--
Regards
Jon

Use your current 4port modem/router as a switch.
Turn off dhcp in your old router.